Chapter Twenty Two

*Ross's POV*

Today was Dylan's funeral. So many people turned up to say goodbye. He was a really good guy. He never deserved to die like this. Edie is still blaming herself and as much as I try and make her believe she couldn't of prevented it, but she doesn't listen to me. Her parents avoided us at the funeral. They didn't say a word to her, which made her even more upset. I kept her by my side at all times, not letting her go. I had my arm wrapped around her waist, keeping her upright, I could feel her ribs through her dress. We've been trying to get her to eat but she just refuses.

"Come on guys, we're going out for dinner. Our treat" Dad said starting up the van. Edie just put her head on my shoulder and shut her eyes. I kissed her forehead and intwined our fingers.

Dad drove us to a small diner and we all piled out the van and found a large table for all of us. We didn't really say much to each other. Only a few little questions and ordering food. Edie ordered some soup, even though it wasn't a lot, it was progress. She cuddled up close to me.

"Edie, me and Mark were wondering...well would you like to move in with us permanently?" My Mom smiled and placed her hand on Edie's across the table. My girlfriend lifted her head and smiled weakly at my parents. Even though she was basically living with us already, my Mom wanted to make sure she would never have to go back home and face her Dad again.

Edie looked up at me and I nodded, making sure she knew it was okay.

She looked my at my parents.

"Thank you" She smiled and looked back at me. I kissed her softly and that look of sadness washed away. I leaned down, "I love you, so so much" I whispered.

*Edie's POV*

Once we got home I went straight to the bathroom and had a long hot shower. Even after such an awful day, some good was brought out of it. Stormie was letting me move in. I never had to go back to my parents who didn't want anything to do with me anymore. I could finally call somewhere home and feel welcome.

Once I got out the shower I got changed into a pair of pyjama shorts and one of Ross's t-shirts. I quickly blow dried my hair and put it up in a messy bun. I walked out of the bathroom and bumped into Rydel. She didn't say anything, she just hugged me. I squeezed her back and we walked to her room. Stormie told me that I would be sharing with Rydel until they sorted out an extra bed for me. Ross tried to say I didn't need a bed, he wouldn't mind sharing but Mark was having none of it.

I snuggled down in Rydel's bed while she removed her make up. Her phone vibrated and once she looked at it a huge smile spread across her face. I sat up in bed and raised my eyebrow. She noticed my expression and blushed.

"What's going on?" I asked smirking.

"Nothing!" She said quickly.

"Don't lie to me Rydel!"

"I....It's just...." She rambled on and I gasped. Rydel jumped and her eyes widened.

"It's a boy! Isn't it?" I smiled and she blushed even more. She waited a few moments before she nodded. I crawled to the end of the bed and waited for her to tell me more. She rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Who is he? What's his name?" I asked becoming excited. She sighed and sat next to me.

"You already know him..."

I went through all the list of boys that me and Rydel knew. I thought of a few from 'The Rage' or from school but I couldn't think of anyone that Rydel had ever been interested in. Then it hit me.

"Ellington!!" I basically screamed and she covered my mouth.

"Shhh!" She hissed. "Riker and Rocky's room is just next door!"

"You and Ratliff?" I asked shocked. I always knew that they were really good friends and that Rydel liked him but she was confused weather it was just as a friend or more. Rydel nodded and fell back onto the bed.

"But what about Kelly?"

"That's the problem....there going through a rough patch and he doesn't feel the same about her anymore...." Rydel trailed off.

"So he likes you now?" I asked basically jumping around to find out. She pushed me slightly so I fell back on my butt.

"That's what he said....but their still together. Or that's what Kelly thinks" Rydel looked down at her feel and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

"Boys are confusing. They'll never stop being confusing. We just have to learn a way to get around and know what their thinking before they tell us" Rydel sighed at my little saying and I squeezed her lightly.

"If this is the situation my guess would be that he's trying to figure out this all in his head. He's been with Kelly for a long time. He needs a chance to think himself. You know Ellington, he never wants to upset anyone. Let him surprise you" I winked and she giggled, I joined her and we fell back on the bed laughing. I don't really know what at.

"It's good to see you smiling again" Rydel said once we calmed down.

"It feels good to smile" I replied honestly.

"I think I'm going to go to sleep now" Rydel climbed under the sheets and settled down into bed. I went to copy her actions but she stopped me.

"What are you doing?" She asked raising her eyebrow.

"Getting into bed?"

"Mom and Dad are already asleep. You're not sleeping here" She smiled and laid back down.

I took her hint and smiled. I climbed off the bed and made my way into the hallway, trying not to make any noise as I made my way down the hall. I finally reached Ross and Ryland's room and opened the door quietly. Both the boys were in bed asleep. Ross was asleep in just sweat pants and lying on his stomach. I tip toed across the room, hoping not to wake Ryland, but even if an elephant charged into the room he would still be sound asleep.

I crept into Ross's bed and moved myself close to him. Ross shifted and groaned slightly turning his head. Once he noticed it was me he pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around me. I lifted my head and kissed his lips softly. I felt Ross smile into the kiss. Once we pulled away Ross turned around so he was lying on his back. He still had his arm wrapped around me and I rested my head on his chest.

"I love you" I whispered.

"Love...you" Ross said between yawns. I smiled, his brain doesn't full function when he first wakes up. I traced different shapes across his chest and on his other arm until I let sleep take over me.