Chapter Forty Seven

~ Please read the authors note at the end ~

"Edie!"

Nina ran into my hospital room and gasped at my leg. I've been getting that a lot lately. New nurses that take over the night shift, their eyes widen when they enter the room but try and avoid my gory leg. My rods were being removed tomorrow and then I'd be allowed out of this hell hole.

"What the hell happened?" She sat in the chair that had been empty for days now. Ross asked me to decide an I couldn't. He mumbled something like time and waiting and then he left. And hasn't returned since. I still can't believe he's making me choose again. Look where that ended us last time. Me and Ross belong together but when he acts like this sometimes I don't see the point.

"You don't know?" Ross was supposed to call Juilliard for me. Nina should have been told.

"No! I thought maybe you hadn't turned up to class because you were spending the day with Ross but then you didn't come in all week. At first I thought you were ill with the stomach flu after the food at that party" She shrugged and kept rambling on and on. I switched off for a moment. I wish Ross was here, I was scared about my surgery tomorrow.

"Nina!" I cut her off and she stopped the rambling.

"Sorry" She blushed. "But it wasn't until I had a date with Riker that-"

"Wait what? You and Riker went on a date?" All the worrying of my surgery and Ross returning went away when girl talk came into perspective.

"Yeah" She smiled. "He took me out last night"

"He's still in New York?" I gaped.

"Yeah, him and the others decided to stay a little longer since they have time off"

So this means Ross is still in the city. He's still here with his brothers and sister and just left me in this hospital.

"So they all know I'm here?" Nina nodded and I leant back against the uncomfortable pillows.

"I guess so" Her happy mood deterred in front of me as she watched me sink lower and lower. I didn't want that for her.

"So you and Riker then eh?"

She giggled and bit her lip. "I really like him Edie"

"I'm happy for you" I said honestly. Nina was off in her own world now and my attention went back to my right leg. Will Juilliard let me go back?

"Nina, I need a favour"

"Anything"

"When they let me out of this place will you take me to Juilliard?"

"Of course!" She leant forward and grabbed my hand. "Just let me know what time and I'll come and pick you up"

I squeezed her hand back and the nurse walked in to give me more pain killers.

"So what type of food do you serve in this joint? Do you have a menu or?" And I burst into laugher as the nurse scoffed at Nina and gave her a good telling off.

*Ross's POV*

"Are you going to see her today?" Rydel asked, again.

"No" I grunt flicking through the endless boring TV shows. I ended up sticking on a old episode of Friends. Not that it would cheer me up. I need Edie to be sat next to me laughing like a seal at Phoebes daft comments.

"Why not?" Everyone else was asleep but Rydel was an early riser.

Right now I wish she wasn't.