Chapter Seventeen

*Ross' POV*

I walked through the back gate to find Edie floating around in my pool. Rydel walked over to her and sat on the end of the diving board. They didn't notice I was stood there.

"So what's going to happen between you two then? After everything that's happened?" Rydel asked.

"How am I supposed to know" Edie sighed.

"Do you love him?" Rydel asked. Edie stopped floating and stood up.

"A lot" Edie said looking up at Rydel. My heart sank. How could she still love that jerk? How could she not see how much he lied to her. Anger boiled inside of me. I walked over to the girls.

"Ross, thought you weren't home till later?" Rydel asked.

"Decided to come home" I mumbled.

"Want to join us?" My sister asked but I had my eyes set on Edie who just avoided me.

"Maybe, but I'm just going to go to my room"

Edie just stayed silent. I rolled my eyes and stalked towards the house. As much as I loved her she did know how to piss me off. I walked upstairs and slammed my door. I was getting hot and frustrated. I threw my bag on my beg and took off my shirt. I grabbed my guitar and started strumming some chords.

Never meant to break your heart
Sometimes things just fall apart
So heres one night to make it right
Before we say goodbye

So wait up, wait up
Give me one more chance
To make up, make up
I just need one last dance

Freshman year I saw your face
Now its graduation day
Said we'd be friends, till the end
Can we start again?

So wait up, wait up
Give me one more chance
To make up, make up
I just need one last dance...

I looked up to see Edie walking into my room and closing the door behind her.

"Hey" She said quietly.

"Hi"

"Um....can we talk?"

I put down my guitar and shuffled across to let Edie sit down. She sat opposite me wrapped in a towel with her hair still wet.

"What's up?" I asked not even looking up at her.

"I wanted to talk..."

"Look if your going to tell me that our kiss was a mistake and you love Danny and not me. Then I don't want to hear it."

Edie just sat their speechless.

"Is that what you think?" She asked quietly. Tears filled her eyes and I felt my heart sink. What have I just done?

She stood up and left the room quickly. I let her get away again, I ruined it for myself. Why can't I just get anything right?

*Edie's POV*

I made my way downstairs and joined Rydel in the kitchen.

"Are you okay?" Her eyes widened when she saw me crying. I quickly wiped away my tears and nodded. Rydel knew I didn't want to talk about what just happened. She handed me a bottle water and I sat myself up on the counter.

Then the doorbell rang. Rydel skipped to the door to open it to two unwelcome guest.

Danny and Ashley walked into the house. Danny saw me and and stalked over to me. His eyes directed straight at my chest, I wrapped my towel tighter around my body.

"Hey baby" He smirked. I rolled my eyes and jumped off the side. He grabbed my wrist.

"Danny let-" I was interrupted by him crashing his lips onto mine. I tried to break away put he pinned me up against the wall. If this was Ross I would want him to do a lot more then kiss me. But right now I felt sick to my stomach. Danny kept trying to stick his tongue in my mouth but I won the battle and pushed him away from me. I looked over to see Ross at the bottom of the stairs with a hurt look on his face.

Ashley walked up to him and began to kiss his neck. I knew if I didn't walk away I would end up drop kicking the girl. But my plan was ruined when the rest of the boys came running into the house.

"We've had an idea!" Rocky called out. Rydel crossed her arms.

"We're all going camping!" Riker cheered. "Everything's ready in the van. We just need to pack some clothes and we're off!"

"No!" Ashley screamed. "I am not sleeping on the ground. It's dirty and disgusting."

"Baby" I mumbled under my breath. But just my luck, she heard me. Ashley wrapped her arms around Ross' neck and whispered something into his hears. Ross' eyes widened when she finished. She turned and smirked at me. "Me and Ross will tag along. But we'll be busy tonight" She smirked.
Rocky and Ryland started to make gagging noises, while Rydel and Riker looked disgusted.

"Maybe we could get busy tonight" Danny whispered in my ear.

"In your dreams!" I scoffed.