Chapter Seven

*Edie's POV*

I got home, showered and changed. I had half an hour until I had to meet Danny. I threw on some black skinny jeans and white top. I let me hair dry naturally and left it how it was.

I kept wondering to myself if it was a good idea I be meeting my ex boyfriends new girlfriends brother. It would just make things a whole lot more complicated then it already is. But for now I didn't care about complicated.

I left my house and walked down to the park. From a distance I saw Danny sitting on the grass. He looked around and saw me, smiled and waved. I made my way over to him and sat beside him.

"Hey" I said quietly.

"Hey, thanks for seeing me again"

"What do you mean?"

"Well last time we were with each other my sister was screaming at you..."

"Oh...yeah" I laughed nervously and started playing with the laces on my converse. Danny obviously noticed that the subject of conversation made me uncomfortable. "But I think everything she said was rubbish" He nudged me and smiled. "It was" I mumbled.

"Anyway I didn't meet up with you to talk about my sister."

"Well I hope that wasn't the case" I giggled.

"It wasn't. I think I like you Edie. So I wanted to know if you would go out with me tonight?"

I just stared at Danny. He actually asked me out. He likes me!

"So?"

I snapped out of my thoughts.
"Yeah, I'd love to"

"Great, there's a gig on tonight, a new band is playing, thought it would he cool if we went?"

"Sure!"

"Awesome, I'll pick you up at 8pm?"

"Okay"

Danny leaned over and kissed my cheek. I blushed. He stood up and helped me up too. We both said our goodbyes and made our way home. But now I had the trouble of trying to find something to wear. And I knew the only person who could help me. I grabbed my phone out.

"Hello?"

"Rydel I need your help. Come round?"

I know it seemed a bit weird that I was asking my ex's sister to help me out with my new date. But in reality Rydel was my best friend before I even met Ross. She was the one who introduced herself to me at The Rage. She will my best friend forever. No matter what happened between me and her brother. And I knew she would help me. That's just how amazing she was.

The doorbell went and Rydel stood there with her make up case in one hand and three items of clothing in the other. "Let's get to work!" She smiled.
We raced up to my room and I explained where Danny was taking me. She sat me down in front of the mirror and started to play with my hair.
"I wish I could go on a date" Rydel sighed. I looked at her from my mirror and saw her frowning. "You will go on your first date soon. But honestly the stress that comes with preparing for one is not fun!"
She giggled and I felt instantly better that she wasn't going to be sad for the rest of the evening. "Anyway, I don't even know why I'm doing this. It's just going to end badly" I carried on.

"And how do you know that?" Rydel asked twisting a piece of my hair onto the curling wand.

"It never ends all happy and lovey. Someone always gets hurt." I sighed.

"You're to negative Edie"

"I'm just speaking the truth!"

"No your not! Even I know that when you find that person who is meant for you it will be perfect. Yeah there will always he bumps in the road and sometimes things go wrong but that one person will always be there. Forever!"

Rydel smiled to herself and she finished curling my hair and I smiled at her happiness. She was always so positive and happy. She knew what to say and most of the time she was always right. But I just didn't want to believe her sometimes. I thought Ross was meant for me. That we were destined to be together and live happily ever after. All that fairytale crap.
But I was proven wrong. So I don't trust this fate and 'meant to be' stuff because it messes you around.

"Now for your outfit!" Rydel cheered happily. We went through my whole closet and then looked at the clothes Rydel bought over and after half an hour of trying what felt like a hundred outfits but finally I decided on a simple tank top, black skinny jeans and white converse.

(http://www.polyvore.com/untitled_10/set?id=100287049 - Full outfit here)

By the time we'd finished my make up which was just some simple eyeliner on my eyelids, mascara and a faded pink lipstick, it was 7:30pm. "Have an amazing time tonight! Tell me everything tomorrow at class ok?" Rydel said. "Of course! Thank you so much!" I hugged her. "I have to get home, see you soon!"
Rydel left and I stood on my own in the living room. My parents were out with the twins this evening so it was just me and Dylan. "So where's my baby sister going dressed all nice?" Dylan asked entering the room. "I'm not a baby!" I whined. "Yes you are. You'll always be my baby sister. Now answer my question!" He insisted. "I've got a date" I said proudly.

"With?" Dylan asked raising his eyebrow.

"Danny Stevens"

"Him? Really Edie?"

"What? What's wrong with Danny?"

"He's a player, I've heard a lot about him. He goes from girl to girl."

I felt anger build up inside me. Why did everyone have to be so judgemental and just be happy I was moving on and going out. I bet Ross had told Dylan about our conversion at dance today.

"Well I don't believe what people are saying."

"You're going to get hurt"

"I'm sure I can handle it."

"Really? Because when you broke up with Ross you weren't ok. Your still not your old self. I want the old Edie back. The one who was home all the time laughing and smiling. Not working 24/7. We all miss you. Don't go back to being invisible again."

I felt anger build up inside me. How could my own brother be saying this to me? I was fed up of everyone and myself being so negative. I needed to start being positive. Like Rydel. See the good side of things. Which is what Dylan should be doing, he should be happy I'm happy and moving on with my life.

I heard a car horn outside. I grabbed my bag and left Dylan standing alone. I got outside and slammed the front door, for effect. I saw Danny standing at the end of the drive outside his truck. He smiled and I walked over to him. "Hey beautiful" He smiled and I felt myself blush. "You ready?" He asked opening the passenger door and then walking to the drivers side. I climbed in and we made our way to the venue.

I was going to prove people wrong. Danny was good for me.

I could feel it.