Kagami ~ Study ~

Yo . . !! I'm back for the weekends and here's an update for you guys. I will only be updating two times a month or so. That is, if I don't have any other school activities in my way.

Enjoy . . !

______________________________________________________________________________________

7. Kagami Taiga

~ Study ~

You stared at the books staked on your desk with droopy eyes. You were suppose to tutor Kagami today to make sure that idiot doesn't need to go to the supplementary classes. The Winter Cup is just around the corner and if he fails the upcoming exam, he can't participate. That's why Riko gave you the duty to tutor him. He was doing great over the past few weeks and you promised to tutor him on weekends too.

It's Saturday, actually . .

But, here you are . . Stuck in bed with a high fever. Your head felt dizzy and you could barely stand. You wrapped your blanket around yourself tightly. You still remember the look on his face when you made the promise.

"Baka! Calm down . . I know you can pass that test and I'm here to help you," you said when he punched the table in frustration.

"You've been tutoring me for almost a week, [Firstname]. I didn't improve much and you know you can't lie to me about that," the hot head said in a tense tone. His whole body was shaking from frustration. You stared at your boyfriend. You understand how he feels. The exam is a wall between him and the one thing he loves most; basketball. It upset him even more to know that his weakness in his studies would lead him to not being able to join the Winter Cup.

You sighed before leaning in to kiss his forehead. He blushed by your sudden action. You flicked his forehead before saying, "Loosen up will you, Taiga-kun . . This is a top student you're talking to and I'm confident that you'll do great. Trust me . ."

You gave him that cheeky smile you have that always make him blush.

"Saturday . . Promise me you'll come, okay." At that, his face lit up to know how much you believed in him. He smiled before pulling you into a short yet sweet kiss.

"Deal . ."

Unfortunately, you got a fever . .

You were about to fall asleep when Kagami knocked on your bedroom door and came in with a tray of porridge and fruit juice. He was wearing your [favorite colour] apron. You couldn't help but smile at how cute he is. He set the food on the table next to your bed before sitting down on your bed. He took the thermometer from your mouth and looked at it with a worried look.

"Your temperature still hasn't gone down." He leaned towards you to touch his forehead against yours. He frowned at how hot your forehead felt. He helped you to sit.

"Taiga-kun . . I'm sorry that I can't tutor you today like I promised." You coughed straight after that causing a pain in your throat and chest.

"It's okay. Your health is more important," Kagami smiled as he feed you the porridge he cooked. He was careful to blow it first before feeding it to you. Gosh, he's a really good cook. He rubbed your back every time you cough and slowly fed you the porridge until the last spoon of it.

At last, you drank the juice he made for you. All of a sudden, everything around you was blurry. Black and yellow spots attacked your vision. You didn't even realize that you dropped the glass on the floor. It shattered to pieces. You, yourself started to fall but, Kagami's stong arms held you tight.

"[Firstname], are you alright?" he was sitting fully on the bed now as he held you in his arms. You only managed to hum in reply. He gently placed your head on the pillow and picked up the broken glass pieces.

You fell asleep soon after. You felt him place a damp cloth on your forehead and replacing it every once in a while. He tenderly stroked your hair until you felt calm and at ease. You slowly relaxed and fell soundly asleep.

As for Kagami, he smiled at the sight of you sleeping. He looked around the room and saw the stack of books you prepared for him. He opened them and was surprised to see that all of them were filled with sticky notes, explanation and motivating words from you. It took you a lot of time and energy to get all that prepared, he realized. He looked in your direction an felt a pang of guilt.

It was probably his fault that you got a fever. That usually happens when you are too tired.

He stared at the books with smile. "Arigatou, [Firstname]."

You didn't realize how long you have slept. The lights were out but, you saw the light at your study table was still on. You weakly blinked a few times as your eyes adjusted to the dim lighted room. Kagami was sitting at your study table. His eyes were fully focused on the books. That look of determination in his eyes, you always admired that about him.

You coughed and made him turn to you. A smile graced your lips at the sight of him. You got out of bed, your blanket still wrapped around you. Your body was still weak that you almost fell. Kagami caught you in his arms and let you sit on his lap. His arms tight around you to prevent you from falling. He has been studying all day from when you started sleeping. You were glad all your hard work was able to help him.

"You're amazing, [Firstname] . ." he whispered.

"Hmm?" you looked at him puzzled.

"You worked yourself over limits to help me, got a high fever but, you're right here smiling at me in the end . ." he looked at you with adoring eyes, a smile intact on his face. You giggled at that before hugging him tightly.

"Let me check your answers then. Hmm . ." you took the books and check his answers. He was doing well. Compared to before, he improved a lot. He looked closely as you marked his answers with his chin on your shoulder. His smile grew bigger when he saw a lot of circles.

"I did great, did I?"

"Yupp . . You sure did, Taiga-kun . ."

"Can I rest now?" he chuckled.

"Sure . ."

At that, he kissed you on the forehead and carried you back to bed. He lied beside you with his arms around your waist. You nuzzled your face to his chest.

"We're going to win the Winter Cup, [Firstname] . ." he said into your ear.

"I'll be there watching . ." you said before both of you drifted off to sleep.

~End

I'm running out of ideas . . Can anyone help me out here ????

Thanks . .

~kimmie_ryren