Aomine ~Lullaby~

9. Aomine Daiki

~Lullaby~

Second update for today, guys! Hope you enjoy this last update for this week.

I found this music and I just thought sounds like a good lullaby. I wasn't able to find any Japanese lullaby that suits this plot to insert so, umm . . Feel free to use your imagination. My first fanfic with a video on it! Whoahhh . . hehe

_______________________________________________________________________________________

(Insert Japanese Lullaby)

Aomine opened his blue eyes to find Momoi looking at him with an angry face. He was skipping practice again and slept at the top of the rooftop entrance. he closed his eyes again, ignoring his pinkette childhood friend.

"Dai-chan! Quit sleeping and go to basketball practice already," she said out loud to make the tanned power forward get his butt to practice.

"I'm sleeping, Satsuki . ." he covered his eyes with his arm. He wanted to continue sleeping. He missed the voice that kept ringing in his head.

"Dai-chan!" Momoi exclaimed, pouting at his lazy behavior.

But, at that moment his head was blocked from any other noise from outside. All he could hear was her voice . . singing a lullaby to him.

"Dai-chan! Don't eat all the popcorn by yourself," Momoi grabbed the huge bowl of popcorn from Aomine's hand. [Firstname], who was sitting in the middle just laughed at them. The three kids promised to watch a movie together at [Firstname]'s house that night. They have been close friends for a long time. They were wrapped in a blanket together as they watched the horror movie.

[Firstname] felt someone trembling next to her. Momoi was asleep so, she looked to her left and saw Aomine trembling. It was going to the climax of the movie where all the terrifying horrors came out. The scene was gruel and it set anyone watching to have shivers down their spine. But, [Firstname] didn't even flinch. She loves watching horror movies.

"Daiki-kun, are you okay?" she placed her hand on his shoulder.

At that very moment, SCREEEEEEEEEEECH!!!!!!!!!

The rotted, disfigured creature was zoomed in on the TV screen and sent a petrifying dark aura to the viewers. Then, the lights went out!

"Arghhh!!" Aomine screamed and in the darkness you heard him fell from the couch.

That night, they had to sleep early due to the black out. You futons were set next to one another. Momoi was complaining about how she fell asleep and missed half of the movie along with the good parts. [Firstname] laughed with every story Momoi told but, she noticed that Aomine was quiet. After a long hour of chattering with Momoi, [Firstname] and the other two went to bed. Well, not really . .

Aomine couldn't sleep. He was scared and he was embarrassed by the fact that he totally freaked out in front of [Firstname]. He tossed to the side to hide his face but, he then kicked his covers and stared at the ceiling.

[Firstname] inched her way to him. "Daiki-kun . ."

Aomine looked at her with blush dusted on his cheeks. He felt her soft hands ruffling his hair. A beautiful melody suddenly filled his ears. Her soft, harmonious voice filled the silent atmosphere. A beautiful gentle lullaby made him calm. [Firstname] has always been good at singing. But, she rarely showed that talent to anyone. Not even to her best friend, Momoi. At the same time, Aomine has always been an exception.

Aomine's eyes started to feel heavy.

"It's okay to be afraid, Daiki-kun," [Firstname said at at low volume to avoid Momoi waking up.

"When I get older, I'm going to be stronger. It's embarrassing to be scared in front of [Firstname]-chan," Aomine said with a slight pout on his face.

"Hahaha . . But, Daiki-kun is funny when he's scared!" you laughed. His pouted even more only to make [Firstname] laugh harder until she was rolling on the futon.

"Stop laughing, baka!" Aomine threw a pillow at her face.

She stopped for a moment then took her pillow and hit him right in the face. The two continued the pillow fight until Momoi woke and joined in the fun. Everyone laughed and all the fear went away. As they slowly felt sleepy, they returned to their separated futons. [Firstname] sang the lullaby one more time. Aomine's hand grabbed hers as they drifted to sleep.

"Dai-chan! You're going to miss practice!" Momoi kept waking him up, her arms crossed. a sigh escaped from the male as he finally woke up. He looked at the girl with pink hair.

"It's her birthday, Satsuki . ." Aomine said in his lazy tone. Momoi fell silent at that.

It has been years since then.

[Firstname] fell ill and was hospitalized the following year. [Firstname] had a rare decease that the medicine was still not found yet. Her last words . .

"Look up the sky everytime you miss me. The wind will bring the lullaby of my voice from the sky to you . ." she said poetically. Aomine always said that her interest in poems and lullabies were weird but, it was also what attracted him to her.

There was a clear view of the sky from her hospital room. Even in her weak state, she still sang lullabies for Aomine everytime he visited. Having [Firstname]'s voice made Aomine happy and seeing his smile made her happy in return. It ended a few years later after many struggles. [Firstname] passed away, leaving Aomine's heart empty . .

At the same time, he started skipping practice. He always lied down on the roof with a clear view of the sky. He replayed her voice in his mind, listening to the lullaby from the sky.

"I want to listen to her voice a little longer . ." Aomine closed his eyes again.

Momoi looked down and started to walk away without further objections. As the door to the roof entrance closed, tears rolled down Aomine's cheeks.

~End

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay . . Was this an angst? Umm . . Actually, I'm not really sure about that. But, it sure sounds like one so, yupp.. It is! I hope this one is better than my first time. I should read more angst for research. Man, getting the feels are totally hard.

Anyway, this is the last update for this week. I'll e back with more updates in a fortnight so, wait for it! My exams are coming real soon so, I hope I'll be able to update more before it starts because I'm going to get super busy by then.

Time to do homework . . Yeahh! As in, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye . .

~kimmie_ryren