Aomine ~ It Was My Fault ~

Another one shot with Aomine as a cop! I don't know but, I can write tons of police stories when it comes to Aomine. Btw, are there any Aomine lovers reading this?

If there are, this is dedicated to you guys!!
______________________________________________

20. Aomine Daiki
               ~ It Was My Fault ~

Aomine quietly closed the front door behind him. He let out a heavy sigh as he took off his shoes. The lights were off, which meant that you were already asleep. He went upstairs, ignoring the food on the dining table that you prepared for him earlier as he passed by. He didn't feel like eating after what happened.

He peeked into shared bedroom and saw you sleeping soundly. He entered quietly and started to take off his police equipments. He placed them into a drawer beside the bed before looking at you. You were hugging a pillow, meaning that you missed him being by your side when you sleep. A small smile formed on his lips, seeing his beautiful wife sleeping peacefully like that. But, the issue at work earlier snatched that smile away into a frown.

His eyesbrows knitted together in frustration. He took his towel and went into the bathroom.

After a while, you stirred in your sleep. The first thing you heard was someone punching the wall of the bathroom. Then, you heard your husband's voice exclaiming in frustration. Your eyes shot open and you quickly got out of bed to check up on him.

"D-Daiki.. Is everything alright?" you knocked on the bathroom door.

There was no answer. All you heard was the sound of water from the shower. You continued to knock and call his name but, he refused to answer. You put your fist against your chest in worry. It's unusual for him to act this way.

"I'm coming in, okay.." you turned the doorknob. As always, he didn't lock the door. You gasped, seeing Aomine's state. He sat on the cold floor of the shower with only his trousers on, letting the water shower over his depressed form. The water on the floor was mixed with a red liquid.

That's when you realised that his knuckles were bleeding badly. Aomine gritted his teeth as the pain bit his flesh. You quickly went over to him. You took his towel and turned off the shower.

"[F-Firstname].." Aomine mumbled

You kneeled beside him. You started wiping his wet hair, worried that he might catch a cold. But, you were even more worried about why he was being like that. You tried to catch his eyes but, he kept looking away.

You pulled the tanned man into a hug. You placed his head on your chest, your dry body touching his wet skin. You let out a sigh as you gently stroked his dark blue hair. It doesn't matter if he doesn't want to tell you what troubled him straight away. What's importantly is that he feels calm.

His breath was still hitching out of frustration. You rubbed circles on his back as you continued to stroke his hair with your other hand. Both of you kept silent until Aomine broke the heavy air of silence.

"I let a serial killer loose today, [Firstname]," he admitted what was bothering him.

You didn't say anything. You just pulled him closer to you, telling him that it was alright for him to continue what he was saying.

"My squad was suppose to transfer the convict to the main prison cells but.. He escaped. He outsmarted us and even injured an officer in his wake. I was the leader of that squad. But, I was useless!" He clenched his fist, causing more blood to ooze out.

"Daiki, stop.. You're hurting yourself!" You took his hands.

"It's all my fault," he said giving up. He unclenched his fist and held your smaller hands in his. "What scares me is that, there's a big possibility of him hurting you. That devil is out there seeking revenge. I was the one who caught him in the first place."

"Don't blame yourself.." You looked into his eyes. "Look at me. I will be safe as long as I have you, Daiki."

"But.."

"You caught him once so, you will put that guy in jail once again and this time for life! Aomine Daiki, the stubborn, confident and strong idiot that I fell in love with doesn't act this way," you huffed jokingly trying to pull him out of that depressed mindset.

"You could've left out the idiot part, you know," he raised an eyebrow at you. But, the frown was not there anymore.

"What I'm trying to say is, instead of being like this.. You should be evn more determined to catch him. As for me, I'll be fine as long as my Daiki is with me," you said confidently. You smiled at him.

He chuckled and pulled you onto his lap.

He kissed you softly on your lips. It was a short kiss yet, the sensation lingered on your lips.

"Thank you for always supporting me, [Firstname].."

You giggled, relieved that he was now okay.

"You should finish showering, Daiki. I'll go get that first aid kit.."

You gave him a peck on his cheek before both of you got up. You left him to finish showering.

On your way out of the bathroom, Aomine stared at your figure. His heart was filled with new spirit and determination.

"I'll definitely protect you, [Firstname].."

~End
_______________________________________________

There you have it! I can't believe that this is the 20th one shot already. SO HAPPY~

Tell me what you think and if you enjoyed this one shot, go ahead and vote~

~kimmie_ryren