Kuroko ~ Hero of the Match ~

I almost finished watching all three seasons of Haikyu!! 😆😆💞💞 Unfortunately, I only have until episode 10 of season 3 with me right now 😭😭 But, still.. I got inspired to write this because of all the spirit and motivation the characters portrayed. Especially, that baby boy, Hinata!

________________________________________________________

41. Kuroko Tetsuya
              ~Hero of the Match~

Have you ever been told to just suck it up when something or someone hurts you? Ah, I think the more polite way to say it would be to 'stay strong'. Well, no one actually told you that sentence directly when it happened. But, those worried looks and encouraging words were enough to make you understand where you stood at the time.

One slip of your focus and you would have dragged the whole team down. Fortunately, you didn't. In fact, you became a hero to the whole volleyball team.

You sighed when you passed by the bulletin boards early that morning. The school news made a big hit on the victorious battle at the finals.

You took a photo of it. Excited to show it to your childhood friend at Karasuno High. Hinata would be proud of you.

"Good morning, (Lastname)-san.."

"Kyahh!!" You almost dropped your phone at the sound of that soft voice. If only he stops scaring you like that, you would shamelessly admit that his voice sounds angelic. But..

"It's still early morning. You should keep your voice down.."

You calmed your erratic breath as you faced the baby blue haired boy. He had his usual stone face on. How on Earth can he keep a straight face like that after scaring people?!

"Hmm.." You puffed your cheeks at him. "That wasn't nice, Kuroko-kun!"

You put both your hands on his cheeks and pulled. The way his emotionless face contorts according to how you stretch his cheeks were hilarious!

"(Lastname)-san, my cheeks hurt."

"Serves you right."

You kept pulling on his cheeks. For a guy, his cheeks are a soft as marshmallows! You find that very amusing.

You laughed at the funny faces you saw before finally letting go.

"It's good to see that you're feeling well," Kuroko said, patting your head gently. A small smile on his lips.

"Kind of." You lifted your shoulders. "I'm still heart broken, you know."

"That's understandable.."

"But.." You dramatically turned on your heels with a winning thumbs up. "The hero that scored the winning spike can't be all depressed, right?"

You looked at him over your shoulder with a wink. He liked that. That signature cheerful move of yours. He kept staring until the first period bell rang a few moments later.

"See you during lunch, (Lastname)-chan.."

You nodded at that as you jogged towards your class. As you jogged, you turned to him again.

"Tell Kagami to come along. My mom went overboard with my bento!"

________

During lunch time..

You were first to arrive at the roof where you usually have lunch together. Sometimes, the Seirin basketball team would join you too. It's a little odd. You're on the volleyball team but, you're closer to the basketball team compared to your own team. Maybe it's because of Kuroko.