Murasakibara ~The Creature and I~ Part 2

34. Murasakibara Atsushi
              ~The Creature and I~

Your POV

My father has granted me permission to continue examining the captured creature - or I preferably address him by his name, Atsushi. He gave me a week to solve the mysteries that revolves around that boy. Unfortunately, for the first time in my life, I am failing.

There are no records of a creature like Atsushi in the archieve nor the history books. I even asked my grandmother - former Court Mage - to grant me permission into the forbiden section and I still found nothing on the matter. Something seems missing. I can feel it but, what is it?

It is now the 6th day of my examining. I still have nothing. I have nothing that indicates Atsushi's innocence or even what truly happened in that cave. I also have no clue on what konf of creature he is. He, himself, could not offer any assistance for he does not remember anything of the incident. In fact, the only things he remembers is his name and memories of his mother. Nothing else. I have tried to gather information from him using a Truth Potion and still.. He does not remember anything. That adds even more complication to all of this.

"How are you doing, child?"

I sighed before turning to look at the elderly standing by the door of my work chamber. Our piercing (Eye Colour) eyes are common traits in our long lineage of Court Mages.

"I have found nothing. To be honest, I am deeply disappointed with myself.." I confessed.

"Perhaps you should see it from a different eye, (Firstname). We may think we can see it all from our own but, you never know what we can see from someone else.." my grandmother said in the calming wise tone of hers. Ever since my mother died 10 years ago, she has been the one training me.

"Different eye.." I repeated. Then, it hit me. That is it! That is what I felt missing.

"Seems like you have something up your sleeves," grandmother smiled.

"I do." I said in triumph. Why have I not thought of this before? I feel quit a fool of myself at the moment for not thinking of that earlier. "Thank you so much, grandmother. May I please be excused?"

"Of course, child.."

"Thank you.." I bowed gratefully before her. Now I know where to truly begin.

Dream Walking.

________

"Dream Walking?" father questioned.

"Yes. In a subconcious state, memories can be retrieved by entering someone's dream. Of course, the person must be asleep in order for it to happen," I explained confidently.

This is how people who have lost their memories in wars were treated. Memory lost could cause someone to act aggresively so, it was a way to calm their minds. It has never been used to interrogate any criminal before. It is mainly used by healers or witches. But, all magic users know how to conduct the spell. I walked into my friend's dream during my training and was able to retrieve one of his lost memories. It was not much, he only asked me to help him remember where he put his palace entrance pass. Once I was able to retrieve it, he also remembered the same memory.

(Author's Note: Can any of your guys guess who that 'friend' is? Comment here and see if you got it right!)

"I am not questioning how it is done, (Firstname). I am questioning your safety. I am aware of the risks!" father said.

"I will take that risk," I assured. I have already thought of it in detail.

"If you get hurt in the dream, you will also suffer from real physical injuries," father warned. But, I have made up my mind.