Murasakibara ~The Creature and I~ Part 3

Part 3! I didn't plan on making a Part 3 actually but, I just had to finish the story. Let's get to it!

________________________________________________

36. Murasakibara Atsushi
               ~The Creature and I~ Part 3

An orb of flames expanded above the open field near the dark forest of Yosen. It expanded until it shattered into remaining small flickers of fire before fully disappearing from sight and letting its two captives fall out. High above the forest and being pulled down by the natural forces to the ground, you opened your eyes in shock, pupils decreasing in size as your eyes widened.

You held out your hand below you, forming a platform using your aura to prevent falling onto the deadly thorns of the forest. Atsushi fell with a thud next to you, still enveloped in a mixture of black and purple aura that stenched of something foul.

Your body shaked as you tried your best to hold the platform steady and firm under the both of you. But, it was no use! The aura surrounding Atsushi was draining your energy. Hot scarlet liquid spattered on the aura platform as you coughed, making the last of your energy fade away.

The wind turned heavy as your body once again started to descend towards the ground. In your weak state, you pushed the remaining physical energy in you to reach for Atsushi and pull him close to you.

As soon as, your bodies came in contact, his eyes shot open. His body started to heat up, causing him to let out a pained roar that pierced your eardrums.

Hot air surrounded the both of you as the ground became nearer by each second. The trees and thorns were burnt and blown away on impact, leaving a small crater on the area where Atsushi fell with you lying on his chest.

"Atsushi!" you cried out in worry, seeing the pain in his expression.

"I'm a bad person! I did kill people! Mother.. She didn't want me! ARRRGGGGHHHH!!" a deep growl grew into an echoing roar from his throat. He was referring to the visions he saw when you Dream Walked into his subconciousness.

"No, that's not true! Atsushi.." you grabbed onto his clothes but, you were peeled off him by the gush of heated wind pushing everything away from him.

You witnessed as his purple pupils turn pitch black and expanding until even the whites of his eyes turned into the shade of shadows. His nails grew longer into claws. His hair grew longer into a different shade of purple. The bright shade now dirty as if it was dipped into foul darkness. His skin was burning off until it was no more. His perfectly lined teeth were now fangs that could kill in one bite.

Tears rolled down the corner of your eyes at the sight.

"No, you got it wrong! Please.. Atsushi!" you called out to him to no avail. Pangs of pain coursed through your veins. Seeing him in so much pain stabbed your heart with utmost sorrow. You saw the visions, the memories. But, something wasn't right.

Flashback

You walked in mid air, surrounded by fire and seas of burning thorns. Everything was red as the raging flames spreaded endlessly.

In the centre of the flames, a child rose from his feet with a fallen body at his feet. His tears splashing onto the ground. His eyes were changing, shifting from the beautiful purple to the colour of darkness. Pure black.

"Mother.." he whimpered. "MOTHER!"

His hair grew longer as his body bulked up in size. His skin was burnt away, revealing the monster locked inside him.