Murasakibara ~The Creature and I~ Part 4

37. Murasakibara Atsushi
~The Creature and I~ Part 4

Your POV

I knew what I had to do. Although I have never practised the technique before, I had faith that I will be able to do it. After all, I am the Court Mage of Yosen! I have vowed upon my life and the lineage of Court Mages in my family that I will fulfill my duty at all cost.

Even if it requires me to sacrifice myself.

I continued to witness the miracles battling against Atsushi. I smiled, knowing that they understood my intentions. They fought only to secure him or restrict his movements and not to injure him.

Grandmother has done well in choosing these Guardians.

The energy they transfered into the barrier continued to sip into me. I could feel the strength returning to my muscles. My breathing slowed into a composed state. I did not realise how much I panicked after witnessing Atsushi transform just now. This is odd. It has only been about a week but, I grew attached to this young man.

"Mother, will it work?" I asked. I was truly hoping that my mother would answer. But, I knew that she wasn't able to do so. She was killed years ago and I do not even know how it happened. No one did.

I refocused on the scene before me.

When the woman or whatever creature she was that I met while Dream Walking into Atsushi's mind said that I released something sealed, I somehow knew what she meant. I looked around and saw that all the trees were dying and burning itself. That was the purpose of the spiralling barrier. If Atsushi was to unleash a greater amount of destructive power, this barrier will at least be able to lower the damage. I think..

Atsushi has grown taller. Even taller than how he normally is.

He is now taller than the trees and his powers were growing. I can feel it.

Shintarou casted a spell and the ground opened with growing trees. It caught hold of Atsushi's legs, making him unable to move around. The more he struggled, the more the trees squeezed his legs. Atsushi growled and roared, clawing at the gigantic trees.

I took a deep breath. The time has almost come.

Atsushi tried to reach for me but, Ryouta was able to stop him. He casted a flash of lighting onto Atsushi's arm, sending jolts of electricity into his being. Atsushi pulled his arm away and swinged it at the other miracles' direction. They evaded it but, that weakened Shintarou's binding spell.

Atsushi thrashed around, destroying the giant trees that bind him.

He tried to reach for me once again but, it was Tetsuya's turn to stand in between. A block of ice emerged from the ground, stopping and freezing Atsushi's hand in place.

Daiki stomped his feet to the ground. Huge boulders rose from the ground and smashed onto Atsushi. Daiki pressed his palms together, securing the boulders against Atsushi's body to bind him.

I looked up into the sky where Seijurou has jumped. One hand was held up in front of him and the other brushed his hair away from his activated Emperor Eye, a gift only the leader of the Guardians is bestowed.

"Kneel!" he boomed and Atsushi fell to his knees.

That is when flames burst out of his palm. The heat was tremendous. It was strong enough to melt the metalic boulders that Daiki used to bind Atsushi. It melted into a form of magma. Tetsuya sent cold air and water falling from the sky, turning the magma into it's dried form. As dried, I refer to how it hardens and binds Atsushi.

"Step away from him!" I yelled. They all jumped away from Atsushi.

I formed another magic circle around him. This time, it was pure white.