Aomine ~The Time Has Come~

Last part of the prequel for Dangerous Woman. Part 2 for Haizaki ~What He Did~ Come to think of it, this is like a mini series don't you think?

Btw, sorry for posting this so late. i thought I've posted this one already. 😅😅 I might have forgotten or accidently unpublished it. Oops!

Dedicated to:
Starflower1206

________________________________________________

27. Aomine Daiki
~The Time Has Come~

The pain was gone. The pain that was so agonizing vanished as the last drop of the liquid you gulped down entered your veins. You lost all attention to the world when your body became numb and limp. Your leg gave out from under you as the light in your eyes slowly faded into nothing.

You slipped deeper into the valley of death when you let gravity pull you down into the raging water below. You closed your eyes and accepted the outcome of your own doing.

It was all in slow motion as if even the wind was trying to save you. But, it did nothing to change the fact that you were falling to your own death. Everything stopped before you hit the dark waters as full force, the coldness eating you whole being.

_______

Your eyes opened slowly at the creeping sunlight filtering through the cluster of gray clouds. By reflex, you coughed out the water that blocked your air stream. Your shoulders shook as you choked out every drop of the drowning water. You rolled to the side to let out the water from your throat.

Your eyes widened at the sight before you. A man was holding tight onto your hand. Your small ones intertwined with his large ones. You clenched your hands and felt him respond while you realised that you were still clutching onto the vial that once contain the substance that was meant to take your life.

"I'm suppose to be dead," you whispered to yourself.

"Nope. You're suppose to be in the hospital," a deep manly voice said. It was the man beside you. He spitted out some excess water from his mouth before trying to sit up, his hand never letting go of yours.

You felt too weak to argue. You never thought that you could speak of anything else other than the note you left for your family. You thought those were your last words before going to the bridge in the middle of heavy rain.

After the man - or boy actually - regained his composure, he put one of his hands on your back and the other behind your knees. He lifted you up with ease. It was all still blurry to you. You could barely make out the features of the boy carrying you.

Short dark blue hair, tanned skin, muscular built. Where have you seen him before?

You had no fear being in the arms of this boy. It somehow made you feel safe. His arms felt warm. Instinctively, you clucthed onto his shirt and buried your face into his chest.

The pain was returning. The piercing pain in your veins. Burning and cutting you from the inside. Before you realised it, you were already coughing out blood. The pain was agonizing until your own voice was cut off from screaming. It was draining your energy. Sucking life out of its own creator.

This boy saved you from the raging waters. But, the damage was already done. The poison was still going to kill you.

"Oi! Hang in there (Name).."

_______

You opened your eyes with beads of sweat running down your face. You sat up in bed. You looked around the apartment to see no one else but, yourself there. You weaved your fingers through your (hair colour) hair, groaning in frustration.