Dead in the Water-People don't just disappear

Katherine P.O.V

We were in a little restaurant, sitting in a torn booth. Me and Sam on one side, while Dean was on the other. Both Winchesters claimed to be searching for a new hunt, looking through newspapers to do so. Although, one of them were lying. Obviously that was Dean as he seemed far more interested in the pretty blonde waitress.

Wendy, was her name. Ugh. She was all pretty with her perfect blonde hair, big brown eyes, and slim body. I mean it's not that I hate the girl, it's just that I didn't like the way Dean's eyes followed the sway of her hips.....Okay maybe I hated her just a little. Dean would never look at me like that, I was pretty average looking with my long wavy blonde hair, and my powder blue eyes. I was petite and toned from the hunting but I couldn't be sexy like that or move my hips the way she does. Great, now I'm getting depressed with my self confidence issues. Sam seemed to notice my change in mood because he gave me a questioning gaze. I just shook my head and went back to eating my fries.

Speaking of Wendy, she had came over once again, taking the plate away from me. I sighed, handing her the fork. She leaned over to grab Sam's plate but even I could tell that she was leaning down more than necessary, giving Dean a good view of her cleavage.

"Can I get you anything else?"She purred, aiming the question at Dean.

Dean looked up at her and gave a goofy grin around the pen he was chewing on, causing me to roll my eyes, a weird feeling spreading through my chest, and Sam to cough awkwardly.

"Just the check please." Sam said, keeping his attention on the newspaper but the irritation was evident in his voice. Wendy's head snapped in his direction as if she had forgotten that Sam and I were there. Sam gave a small smile, and when Wendy looked to me to confirm what he said, I nodded with a cold stare.

"Okay."She said, looking at me nervously before casting a longing look at Dean and walking away.

Dean sighed as he watched Wendy walk away, dropping his head in disappointment. "You know Sam,"He said, looking back at him."We are allowed to have fun once in a while." I rolled my eyes and leant back in my chair, stretching.

"You and women. I swear one of these days your gonna get a disease."I exclaimed and Sam snorted, trying to hide his face behind the newspaper.

Dean only glared at me. "Says the virgin." I kick his leg. "Oww."

I smiled innocently at him and his face softened up, a smirk replacing his frown.

"Your still a virgin?"Sam asked, disbelief lacing his voice. I blushed a deep red.

"Shut up!"I hissed. Sam composed himself, putting the paper onto the table to let me and Dean get a better look at the front page, something he had noted with a red circle."Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin."He said, changing the topic. I gave him a appreciative smile which he returned.

Dean nodded, scanning over the page."Yeah, last week Sophie Carlton, eighteen, walks into the lake, doesn't walk out. Authorities said they dragged the water. There was nothing. She's the third one in that lake this year. No other bodies were found either. There was funeral two days ago."He spoke as if he read it before.

"A funeral?"I asked in disbelief. I grabbed the newspaper, pulling it closer to me, scanning over it myself."Why would they have a funeral for someone with no body?"

Dean shrugged. "Beats me. It's really weird. They buried an empty coffin. Some kind of closure or whatever."

"What closure?"Sam suddenly retorted. I sighed, propping my head in my hand. "People don't just disappear, Dean. Other people just stop looking for them." I could hear the anger and disappointment in his voice. I felt terrible for him but didn't know what to say or do to make it better.