Devil's Trap-Secrets

Katherine P.O.V

I could see the Impala parked outside from where I sat by the window. Night had fallen by the time Dean got us to the cabin and helped John and I inside, Sam bloody and bruised but other wise okay. Dean led John to a room and laid him down, rest being the only thing we could think of until the drugs wore off. I on the other hand, had a large piece of glass stuck in my thigh from being thrown against the car.

Sam had started to salt the windows while I waited for Dean to return and stitch me up."How is he?"Sam's voice spoke up making me turn my head from the window to see the older Winchester walking into the room.

"He just needed a little rest, that's all. How are you two?"Dean asked, concern in his voice. He held a first aid kit in his hand and pointed towards the table, signalling me to lay on it.

"We'll survive."Sam sighed. I slowly pulled myself up from the chair limped over, hissing lowly from the pain as I lifted myself up.

"Turn over."Dean ordered softly, bringing a chair over to sit beside me. I slowly turned over to lie on my stomach, propping my head up on my folded arms. Dean pulled out a pair of tweezers from the kit and looked up to me, asking permission. I let out a deep breath and held my hand out, Sam taking the hint and moving over to grip it.

"Hey, you don't think we were followed here, do you?"Sam questioned as Dean lent over, one of his hands placed on my lower thigh beneath the wound. In any other situation I would have been flustered but as of right now all I could focus on was my breathing.

"I don't know. I don't think so. I mean, we couldn't have found a more out-of-the-way place to hole up."Dean answered, tearing the hole in my jeans bigger so he could reach the glass.

"Yeah." Sam breathed out. Dean began to pull the glass out of my skin and I clenched my jaw, tightening my grip on Sam's hand as pain coursed through my leg. Finally, he pulled it out, relieving some of the pain and started to stitch me up. Once he was done, he helped me off the table.

"Thanks."I smiled and he returned it. "I'm just gonna change."They both nodded and I headed towards the spare room where my bag was. Searching through my bag, I pulled out a pair of comfy joggers  and sat on the bed, slowly removing my jeans. A loud groan left my lips as the fabric rubbed over my left thigh but I carried on, taking off my flannel as well and putting my dirty clothes back in my bag leaving me in just my top and jogging pants.

"Hey, uh.... Dean, you, um...... you saved my life back there."Sam's voice drifted through the door.

"So, I guess you're glad I brought the gun, huh?"Dean teased and I smirked. Of course he would be doing the 'I told you so' thing.

"Man, I'm trying to thank you here."Sam said with light frustration and humor. I started to pick through my hair, removing small pieces of glass shards that had stuck and wiping off dried blood while I listened to their conversation.

"You're welcome."Dean replied, the smile clear in his voice. Footsteps moved across the room towards my door."Hey, Sam?"Dean called, halting the movement.

"Yeah?"

"You know that guy I shot? There was a person in there."Dean muttered in a remorseful tone. I paused my hand and stared towards the door, trying to decide if I should go out there or not.

"You didn't have a choice, Dean."Sam told him softly.

"Yeah, I know, that's not what bothers me."

"Then what does?"Sam inquired, confused.

"Killing that guy, killing Meg. I didn't hesitate, I didn't even flinch. For you, Kat or Dad, the things I'm willing to do or kill, it's just, uh .... it scares me sometimes."Dean said quietly. My breath hitched as heard his words, not fully realizing till this moment that I was one of the important people in his life. Something shifted in the room beside mine and I heard movement.

"It shouldn't. You did good."John's voice called out close to my door. I took it that he had exited his room.

"You're not mad?"Dean asked surprised. I must say that I was too. After all, John wasn't the type to ever be rational over things and often scolded his sons even when they made a good choice.

"For what?"John questioned.

"Using a bullet."Dean pointed out nervously.

"Mad? I'm proud of you. You know, Sam and I, we can get pretty obsessed. But you – you watch out for this family. You always have."John appraised making me more confused. In all the years I had known him, John had never said he was proud of his sons. He was a drill sergeant rather than a father.

"Thanks."Dean muttered but I could hear the slight unease in his voice. I stood up, hobbling over to the door when suddenly the wind picked up outside and the lights started to flicker.

I pulled the door open, all three heads turning towards me."What's happening?"

"It found us. It's here."John said from where they stood by the window.

"The demon?"Sam questioned.

"Sam, lines of salt in front of every window, every door."John instructed. For some reason, something still seemed wrong but I put it down to my insane paranoia and nothing more. Maybe what the haze I was seeing around him was due to hitting my head.

"I already did it."Sam confirmed.

John turned his head to look at his son."Well, check it, okay?"

"Okay."Sam nodded and brushed passed me to check the cabin. I limped over to Dean, standing beside him and looking up at him with wide eyes. His gaze softened as he caught my eye and his hand reached out to gently squeeze my arm.

"Dean, you got the gun?"John asked making me turn my head in his direction.

"Yeah."Dean nodded, removing his hand and looking at John.

"Give it to me."John ordered, holding his hand out. I didn't know why but the feeling that something was wrong intensified, almost making me feel sick. I sent Dean a worried glance and thankfully he caught it.

"Dad, Sam tried to shoot the demon in Salvation. It disappeared."Dean explained, removing the colt from his jeans but keeping it in his hand. John furrowed his eyebrows almost as if he was wondering why that was relevant.

"This is me. I won't miss. Now, the gun, hurry."John demanded. Slowly, so not to alert John of the movement, I moved my hand to Dean's back, placing it gently in the center in warning. He seemed to either understand the signal or had already felt the same as he hesitated, looking down to the gun in his hands"Son, please.Give me the gun. What are you doing, Dean?"John said, his voice raising slightly as Dean took a few steps back.

"He'd be furious."I said quietly, almost so no one would hear. But they did and John looked to me confused.

"What?"John questioned, acting innocent.

"That I wasted a bullet."Dean continued. I started to back up just like Dean and his arm came out, pushing me behind him slightly in a defensive movement."He wouldn't be proud of me, he'd tear me a new one."

John looked at him and Dean waited a moment before a scowl settled on his face and he raised the colt, cocking it."You're not my Dad."

"Dean, it's me."John insisted after a moment of silence.

"I know my Dad better than anyone. And you ain't him."Dean shot back. I started to feel sick, something nagging in the back of my mind but I couldn't focus on it.

"What the hell's gotten into you?"John asked, sounding angry.

"I could ask you the same thing. Stay back."Dean warned, his expression hard. Sam walked into the room, his eyes widening once he saw the position we were in.

"Dean? Kat? What the hell's going on?"He asked, looking back and forth between us.

"Your brother's lost his mind. So has Katherine."John snarled and I furrowed my eyebrows at him. He doesn't call me Katherine. Never has unless I'm in trouble. It's always been princess or Kathy. Any doubt in my head that we got it wrong disappeared.

"He's not Dad."Dean said, keeping his eyes on John.

"What?"Sam asked shocked, whipping his head to look at his brother.

"I think he's possessed. I think he's been possessed since we rescued him."Dean explained, his voice breaking slightly towards the end.

"Don't listen to them, Sammy."John pleaded but his voice and face remained hard.

"Dean, how do you know?"Sam asked him.

"He's .... he's different."Dean replied, his becoming thick with emotion. John rolled his eyes, visibly becoming frustrated.

"You know, we don't have time for this. Sam, you wanna kill this demon, you've gotta trust me."John insisted and for a second I was terrified that Sam would fall for it. I looked towards him, my eyes silently begging but didn't utter a word. Sam didn't move and I think John started to get worried."Sam?"

"No."Sam declared, moving to my side. I sighed slightly in relief."No."

John looked at each of us, his eyes tearing up."Fine. You're all so sure, go ahead. Kill me."He offered, hanging his head in sadness. I was quickly doubting myself, unsure if I really wanted Dean to pull that trigger. Dean was close to tears, his hand shaking slightly as he debated what to do. I raised my hand and gently placed it on his hand that was holding the gun. He looked down at me, his lip quivering and I shook my head. Even if he was possessed, John was still in there."I thought so."John snarled making me look back at him with raised eyebrows. He lifted his head, a malicious smirk on his face and his eyes a bright yellow. A gasp left my lips as Sam lunged forward but we were thrown across the room and pinned to the wall by a mysterious force. I yelped as my leg hit the surface, sending pain throughout my entire body and noticed that Dean had dropped the colt as he was thrown. The demon made his way across the floor and picked up the colt, examining it."What a pain in the ass this thing's been."

"It's you, isn't it? We've been looking for you for a long time."Sam breathed out through clenched teeth.

"Well, you found me."The demon smirked.

"But the holy water-"I started, trying to pull my body away from the wall but I was kept in place.

"You think something like that works on something like me?"It cut me off, looking me dead in the eye. "Come on, Kathy. You should know me well enough by now."It teased making me widen my eyes. Please, oh please don't say anything more.

"What are you talking about?"Sam questioned, his jaw clenched. The demon wiggled it's eyebrows at me, taunting me.

"Well, you gonna tell them or am I?"It asked, walking towards me and getting in my face. I stared him right in the eyes that I had seen so many times before, hatred filling my expression. "I guess cat's got your tongue. Well boys, little miss perfect here as some big secrets. Haven't you figured out who the 'man' haunting her is yet? And I thought you were clever."It smirked, a taunting laugh leaving his lips.

"Shut up!"I growled, pulling harder but he slammed me back against the wall, his hand gripping my face.

"That's no way to treat an old friend."He whispered.

"You are not my friend."I hissed, spitting in his face. I knew John would kick my ass about that later on but my anger took over. He seemed taken aback, wiping the saliva from his face with his free hand. My eyes caught Dean's for a second and he looked angry and confused, not sure on the situation. I wish I could explain but at the same time, I never wanted to speak a work of it.

"You'll pay for that."The demon hissed, dragging my attention back to him. His free hand reached into his back pocket, retrieving a decently sized knife. I struggled against his hold as he brought it to my face, dragging it down my cheek but not enough to draw blood. I could feel how sharp it was though."All I ask for is a little respect. After everything I've done for you, Kat, I deserve that much."He pouted and suddenly, plunged the knife into my side. I let out a scream of pain as the demon chuckled.

"Kat!" I heard the brother's yell."I'm gonna kill you!"Sam continued, fighting against the invisible restraints.

"Oh, that'd be a neat trick. In fact, here,"The demon taunted, releasing me and moving to a near by table, placing the colt down."Make the gun float to you there, psychic boy."Sam looked down at the gun but nothing happened. The demon chuckled and walked towards the window beside Dean."Well, this is fun.I could've killed you a hundred times today, but this......this is worth the wait." Dean struggled slightly making the demon look over to him."Your Dad – he's in here with me. Trapped inside his own meat suit. He says "hi", by the way. He's gonna tear you apart. He's gonna taste the iron in your blood."

"Let him go, or I swear to God –"Dean snarled. My breathing was heavy as I could still feel the blade in my side, the blood trickling around it, flooding my shirt.

"What? What are you and God gonna do?"It smirked, walking slowly till it stood directly in front of Dean."You see, as far as I'm concerned, this is justice.You know that little exorcism of yours? That was my daughter."

"Who, Meg?"Dean asked but the demon continued.

"The one in the alley? That was my boy. You understand."

"You've got to be kidding me."Dean muttered, rolling my eyes.

"What? You're the only one that can have a family? You destroyed my children. How would you feel if I killed your family?"The demon asked, Dean stayed silent until it gave a wicked grin."Oh, that's right. I forgot. I did. Still, two wrongs don't make a right."

"You son of a bitch."Dean growled, his eyes flickering to me. I was in pain, my jaw clenched to fight tears.

"I wanna know why. Why'd you do it?"Sam questioned, the demon switching his gaze to the younger brother.

"You mean why did I kill Mommy and pretty, little Jess? Oh, and we can't forget little mommy Singer." With what energy I had left, I lurched forward, fighting against the force as the demon smirked at me."Of course, that wasn't actually me who killed her. No, that was daddy dearest. The demon possessing her wasn't even under my control. Glad Bobby dealt with it or I would of had to. Would have messed up a hell of a lot of plans for me."It smirked, tilting his head in thought."It did what it did because of me though."He turned to Dean, cutting off the subject before I could utter a word."You know, I never told you this, but Sam was going to ask her to marry him."He started as I was still trying to process what he had told me whilst dealing with the pain. He got in Sam's face."Been shopping for rings and everything.You want to know why? Because they got in the way."

"In the way of what?"I asked, my voice chocked as tears streamed down my face.

"My plans for you and Sammy. You... and all the children like you. Well, your a tad bit different Kitty Kat."The demon explained, smirking at me.

"Listen, you mind just getting this over with, huh? Cause I really can't stand the monologuing."Dean complained and the demon turned to him

"Funny, but that's all part of your M.O., isn't it? Masks all that nasty pain, masks the truth."It sapped sarcastically, walking over to get in his face.