Faith-Do I deserve life more

Katherine P.O.V

The Impala bumped along a graveled road toward a white circus tent set up in a large field. Many people were gathered around the entrance, pushing their way in. Both the boys got out the car and Dean rushed to my door and basically lifted me out."I can do it."I huffed out irritably. He settled me on the ground.

"I'm just trying to help."Dean put in and placed his hand on the small of my back, guiding me towards the tent. I smiled softly at him and looked around.

"Man, you guys are lying bastards. Thought you said we were going to see a doctor."I hissed, shoving my hands into my jacket pockets as I realized this was some kind of church.

"I believe we said a specialist. Look, Kat, this guy's supposed to be the real deal."Sam offered and I scoffed.

"I can't believe you brought me here to see some guy who heals people out of a tent."I snapped and an elderly women with an umbrella passed by.

"Reverend LeGrange is a great man."My cold gaze landed on her.

"Yeah, that's nice."I said sarcastically and she frowned disapprovingly at me before walking away. Dean chuckled quietly and muttered something about me being 'feisty'. I shot him a quick glare just as we passed a man who seemed to be protesting was escorted away by a Sheriff and I pointed towards them, smirking."I take it he's not part of the flock."

"When people see something they can't explain, there's controversy."Sam explained.

"I mean, come on guys, a faith healer?"I questioned, raising my voice in irritation.

"Maybe it's time to have a little faith, Kat."Dean replied quietly and his hand tightened on my back slightly.

"Don't give me that, Dean. We both know that you would react the exact same. You know what I've got faith in? Reality. Knowing what's really going on."I growled at him.

"How can you be a skeptic? With the things we see everyday?"Sam asked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

I scoffed."Exactly. We see them, we know they're real."

"But if you know evil's out there, how can you not believe good's out there, too?"Dean asked although I could hear in his voice that he didn't believe in good either.

"Because I've seen what evil does to good people."I explained quietly and Dean gave me a look of understanding.

"Maybe God works in mysterious ways."A young woman's voice called from behind us. I turned to see a pretty blonde stood there with a kind smile.

"Eh, I don't have faith in a con man."I replied. She frowned slightly at me."I'm Kat. This is Dean and Sam."I introduced, pointing to each brother. I noticed that Dean had a flirty smile placed upon his face.

"Layla."She nodded then furrowed her eyebrows." So, if you're not a believer, then why are you here?"

"Well, apparently these idjits believe enough for the lot of us."I smirked and she looked down, smiling. An older woman approached Layla, putting an arm around her.

"Come on, Layla. It's about to start."The woman said and smiled at us before walking inside.

"Well, I bet she can work in some mysterious ways."Dean breathed out, watching her leave. I made a sound of disgust and punched him weakly in the shoulder before walking into the tent. I found three chairs near the back and went to sit down, but a hand stopped me.

"No, we are sitting in the front."Sam addressed and I sighed.

"Let's just sit here." I snapped but he grabbed my hand and guided me to a row of chairs, the second row from the front.