Shadow-Sickness

Katherine P.O.V

We got back to the motel to do some research. Dean was on the laptop searching for a Meg Masters. He had given up on trying to find anything about the symbol awhile ago and just called Caleb, an old hunting buddy of John's who told us what it was. I caught bits of the conversation but my headache was making it hard to concentrate. I don't know why, but since talking to Meg I've had an intense pain in my head and a sick feeling in my gut. I was led on the motel bed throwing Dean-o into the air and catching him.

"Thanks for the help, Kat."Dean grumbled from his place at the table.

"You're welcome."I smirked sarcastically, sitting up to lean on the headboard."So?"

"She's real. Can't find anything wrong with the girl."He sighed, rubbing a hand down his face. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked down. This wasn't the answer I was expecting. If she was just a normal girl....then why am I having this feeling? What was the black cloud? Something must be wrong with me. Yeah, that must be it. I'm ill or something and it's causing me to see some weird shit.

I looked up and raised and eyebrow at him."Okay....she's just a bitch then?"

He chuckled and lent on the table with his head in his hand."Yeah. What did she mean earlier?"

"What did she mean by what?"I asked but wasn't really paying attention. The pain in my head was increasing.

"That you choose sides based on who you want in your bed?"

I froze and sucked in a breath. His expression turned confused at my silence so I tried to smile at him but I'm sure it looked more like a grimace."Uh, is that what she said?"

"Yeah, you went to punch her for it."He smirked and I laughed awkwardly.

"I don't know, Dean. Sam must have said something. And I can't control what he thinks."I muttered and stood from the bed, walking to the table and sitting beside Dean. I know Sam wouldn't have said something harsh about me but part of me didn't care. He must have some negative opinion of me to put that idea into Meg's head.

"I don't think Sam meant anything bad by it, Kat."He told me softly, looking at me with concern as my face scrunched up in pain."You okay?"

"What? Yeah, no I'm good. Just a little headache."I assured and picked up Dean's phone from the table, dialing Sam's number and effectively stopping him from asking any more questions.

"Hey."Sam greeted as he picked up the phone. I put him on speaker and placed it back onto the table.

I smirked slightly." Let me guess. You're lurkin' outside that poor girl's apartment, aren't you?"

"No."Sam replied, scoffing. I looked to Dean with a raised eyebrow and waited for the real response." Yes."

"You've got a funny way of showin' your affection."Dean said and I chuckled.

"Did you find anything on her or what?"Sam asked irritated.

"Sorry, man, she checks out. There is a Meg Masters in the Andover phone book. I even pulled up her high school photo."Dean explained and I looked over his shoulder tot he laptop to see the picture. It was her, well what looked like her. She had longer hair and a kinder face. She just let off a different vibe to the Meg we knew."Now, look, why don't you go knock on her door and, uh, invite her to a poetry reading, or whatever it is you do, huh?"

"What about the symbol? Any luck?"Sam asked, ignoring the comment.

"Yeah, that we did have some luck with."Dean replied and picked up a piece of paper."It's, uh—turns out it's Zoroastrian. Very, very old school, like two thousand years before Christ. It's a sigil for a Daeva."