Salvation-It's coming

Katherine P.O.V

"What do you mean you saw it?"John asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

I took another deep breath and looked up, seeing all their gazes locked on me. Their expressions were mixed between confusion and concern. I was slightly concerned for my own sanity at this point."I mean I saw it. At the bar in Chicago when Sam talked to her and me and Dean went to the bar....there was this.....black cloud around her. It disappeared though and I thought nothing of it."

"Then why do you think she's a demon?"Sam questioned, leaning across the table.

"She survived a seven story drop."I pointed out."If that's not proof enough then you got the fact that she's working with demons."

"But that doesn't mean what you saw was real. It could be a coincidence. I mean, it wasn't long after that that you got sick."Sam reasoned and I nodded. I could have just imagined it and it was just a symptom from the weird illness I had. But it was too much of a coincidence and something inside me was screaming that it was the truth.

"You're right, I could just be going crazy. But I don't think so. I don't know guys, I just.....feel like it's real."

"Okay, say this is real, then why the hell did you see it."Dean inquired, finally saying what was on everyone's mind.

"I don't know. He said I was changing-"I cut myself off all too late. The words had escaped my mouth before I even realized I was talking.

"Who's he?"John pushed, noticing my reluctance to continue and all the blood draining from my face.

I could feel Dean's eyes burning into the side of my face, his eyebrows furrowing as he thought. I opened my mouth again and again to talk but no words came out."Wait...does this have anything to do with your dreams?"He asked. I looked up at him, remembering about my freak out on the case in Indiana when Sam left to find John."The man that you said scared you."

"Dreams?"John asked rather angrily. He turned to Dean and raised an eyebrow."You knew that something was wrong with her and you didn't call me? God, Dean, how much has to happen before you pick up the phone and tell me? First you're brother now Kat!"

"Seriously!?"I snapped."We already went over this, John. We tried to call you. I doubt you'd pick up the damn phone even if Dean blatantly told you a fucking man has been haunting me my entire life!"

John looked shocked at my outburst but he didn't say anything. He looked deep in thought for a second before he spoke, seeming to completely ignore everything I just said."The night we first met you, you started screaming bloody murder. You were in the bathroom and we couldn't get the door open. Bobby was so scared. You kept asking if you were safe but we checked and we couldn't find anything. We put it down to an overactive imagination of a two year old..... Were we wrong? Did that have anything to do with the man?"

I stared at him, not recalling the event. Was that the first time I saw him? "I don't remember."I answered honestly. He had always been there in the shadows, watching me. I never thought that there was a time he wasn't there.

"Have you ever seen Meg before?"Sam asked, bringing the topic back to the main subject right now. We could deal with my insanity after.

"No, I don't know how she knows me."I shook my head, sending him a grateful glance as he took the attention off me.

"But you think she's a demon."He confirmed, standing from his chair to lean against the wall.

"Either that, or she's possessed by one. It doesn't really matter."I replied.

"What do we do?"Dean asked, looking to John.

John gave me one last glance, silently telling me that the conversation wasn't over before looking back to his sons."I'm going to Lincoln."

"What?"Dean practically growled, seeming shocked at the idea.

"It doesn't look like we have a choice. If I don't go, a lot of people die, our friends die."John expressed, looking at each of us.

"Dad, the demon is coming tonight. For Monica and her family. That gun is all we got, you can't just hand it over."Sam protested.

"Who said anything about handing it over. Look, besides us and a coupla of vampires no ones really seen the gun, no one knows what it looks like."John explained.

"So what, you're just going to pick up a ringer at a pawn shop?"Dean asked, skeptical of his fathers plan.

"Antique store."John corrected, smirking slightly. My eyes widened in disbelief.

"You're going to hand Meg a fake gun and hope she doesn't notice?"I questioned.

"Look, as long as it's close, she shouldn't be able to tell the difference."John waved off our concern. I stood up from my chair, walking forward to stand beside the boys.

"Yeah but for how long? What happens when she figures it out?"I raised my voice, pointing out the obvious flaw in the plan.

"I just...I just need to buy a few hours, that's all."John nodded.

"You mean for us."Sam said in a low voice. My eyes widened at the realization and I looked from Sam to John in shock. He wasn't seriously gonna sit this one out? Dean had the same expression as me as he looked at his father."You want us to stay here, and kill this demon by ourselves?"

"No Sam. I want to stop losing people we love. I want you to go to school, I want Dean to have a home, I want Kat to have a family. I want...."He trailed off, turning his back to us as he became emotional."I want Mary alive."He whispered, sniffling slightly. My gaze softened as he turned back around, tears in his eyes."It's just....I just want this to be over."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I changed into something a little more decent before Dean and I left to collect the 'fake' colt from an antique store while Sam and John prepared. We were driving to the location they said they'd be and the impala was thick with tension.

"Why do you keep so much stuff from me?"Dean finally asked, breaking the silence. "I thought the point in being best friends was that we can talk to each other."

"It is Dean. And I trust you with my life but....some things are just for me. It's not like you tell me everything."I pointed out. I didn't mean it as a dig but Dean seemed to take it that way as he tensed.

"What's that supposed to mean? What haven't I told you, Kat? It's not like I have some man cutting me up in my dreams."He hissed and I flinched.

"It's not like that. I didn't tell you cause what was I supposed to say, Dean! In what universe does any of this sound normal. I don't think I'm completely sane, how could I expect any of you to."I yelled back, leaning my head on my hand that was propped against the window.

"When something like this is happening, it doesn't matter how friggin insane it sounds! You tell us so we can help, Katherine! In our line of work, we deal with the crazy everyday. Why should this be any different?"He shouted. The small car was filled with our yells, heavy breathing, and tension.

"Cause this time it's happening to us! We deal with other people's crazy not our own."My voice quietened as I finished my sentence and I shifted my gaze out the window, not wanting to look at him.

I heard Dean sigh and his hand slid across the seat to grip onto my own that was resting beside me."It'll be okay. We'll figure something out."

"That's what you always say."I muttered. I know he was trying to make me feel better but I couldn't see a way out of this. They already thought I was a freak and they didn't even know half of it yet. Dean opened his mouth to say something but closed it again, removing his hand from mine and looking straight ahead.

The car drove down the muddy road where Sam and John were waiting by John's truck. Dean got out without saying a word and headed towards them. I sighed before getting out and following."You get it?"John asked, turning to face us as we approached.

Dean reached into his jacket and pulled out a brown paper bag. He looked down at it, then back up at John before handing it over. John quickly opened it and removed the antique gun, examining it."You know this is a trap don't you. That's why Meg wants you to come alone?"I asked, shoving my hands into my jacket pocket.

"I can handle her. I got a whole arsenal loaded. Holy water, Mandaic, amulets..."John said, starting to list off some of the items.

"Dad..."Dean cut him off, concern in his voice.

"What?"John asked.

"Promise me something."Dean started.

"What's that?"John questioned, eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

"This thing goes south just...get the hell out. Don't get yourself killed all right, you're no good to us dead."Dean teased halfheartedly, sorrow in his eyes. Sam and I shared a look before looking to John, nodding in agreement.

"Same goes for you."John replied, nodding his head. There was a long pause before he sighed. "Alright listen to me. They made the bullets special for this colt. There's only four of them left. Without them this gun is useless. You make every shot count."John told us, pulling the real Colt from his pocket and holding it up.

"Yes sir."Sam said, nodding his head sadly.

"Been waiting a long time for this fight. Now it's here I'm not gonna be in it. It's up to you guys now. It's your fight, you finish this. You finish what I started. Understand?"John said, looking at each of us individually. I couldn't find it in myself to nod and only looked down. His words sounded so much like a goodbye. John looked up at Dean, handing the colt over to him.

"We'll see you soon Dad."Sam nodded his head as if to reassure himself rather than John.

A sober smile spread over John's face and he clasped a hand onto Sam's shoulder before letting go and stepping towards me."I'll see you later."He quickly pressed a kiss to my forehead and got into his truck, sending one last glance towards us before he drove away. Sam came to stand between Dean and I, watching as the truck got smaller.

"Later."Dean muttered, sadness on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, we were sat in the impala outside Monica's house, watching as her and her husband finished dinner."Maybe we could tell em it was a gas leak. Might get em out of the house for a few hours."Sam suggested.

"Yeah and how many times has that actually worked for us?"I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah."Sam muttered in defeat. He thought some more before pulling a face and shrugging."We could always tell em the truth."

Dean and I looked at each other before looking to Sam, smirks on our faces."Nah!"We all said in unison. I let out a slight giggle at the reaction and the atmosphere in the car lightened a fraction.

"I know I know."Sam breathed out, bringing us back to the problem."I just...with what's coming for these folks..."

"Sam we only got one move and you know it, alright? We gotta wait for that demon to show itself and then we get it before it gets them."Dean explained, becoming serious again.

"I wonder how Dad's doing."Sam muttered as we stared at the house.

"I'd feel a lot better if we were there backing him up."Dean grumbled.

"I'd feel a lot better if he were here backing us up."Sam countered and I hummed an agreement. Our gazes went back to the house, watching as the family smiled, completely unaware of the horror that was about to happen. Eventually, I got bored of being in the backseat and jumped forward, clambering into the front seat. I huffed in annoyance as the two large men got in my way and made it difficult.

"Woah, Kat. Jeez, what are you doing?"Dean exclaimed. My foot connected with something as I fell onto the seat, my head landing in Sam's lap and Dean let out a yelp. I looked up apologetically as he rubbed his forehead and glared at me, my feet in the air near his head. He looked up momentarily and grabbed onto my ankles, yanking them onto his lap and away from his head.

"Whoops, my bad."I mumbled as I sat up, leaning my back against Sam's shoulder and keeping my feet on Dean's lap. Dean returned his gaze to the house, his hand subconsciously drawing patterns into the skin showing near my ankle.

"Guessing being back there got boring?"Sam smirked, nudging me with his shoulder.

"I shotgun front seat for at least the next month, Moose."I grumbled, looking up at him.

"That's not fair! I'm too tall to be cooped up back there."Sam protested.

"Not my fault your freakishly tall."I groaned, scowling."Dean tell Sam I can sit in the front!"

"No, Dean tell her I'm too tall."Sam yelled.

"But Sam-"I started.

"Alright, enough. You sound like kids"Dean chuckled and I pouted."Kat can sit in the front for a bit. It's only fair that we take turns."

"Does that mean I can drive baby?"I asked excitedly.

"Oh no. Never gonna happen princess."He shook his head, smirking at my disappointed expression. "Now, shall we get back to watching the house or do you want to continue with this little spat?"

I rolled my eyes but settled, switching my gaze to the house. After a while of watching in silence, I heard Sam sigh."This is weird."

"What?"Dean asked, turning his head to look at him. I looked up, seeing his face upside down as I tilted my head.

"After all of these years we're finally here. It doesn't seem real."Sam explained. I couldn't say I knew the feeling. I never really had something that I aimed for. But I have been around the Winchester's my whole life and I knew how much revenge meant to them.

"We just gotta keep our heads and do our job, like always."Dean said, trying to stay focused. He looked back to the house as Sam sighed.

"Yeah but this isn't like always."Sam countered.

"True."Dean mumbled, nodding his head.

"Dean, Kat...ah...I wanna thank you."Sam started, catching out attentions. I sat up completely, turning my upper body to face him.

"For what?"Dean asked and I raised an eyebrow in question.

"For everything. You've always had my back you know? Even when I couldn't count on anyone I could always count on you guys. And ah...I don't know I just wanted to let you know, Just in case-"

"Whoa whoa whoa, are you kidding me?"I asked, a lump forming in my throat.

"What?"Sam asked, confusion on his face. I shook my head, breathing in. Dean seemed to feel the same as I did as he continued.

"Don't say just in case something happens to you. I don't wanna hear that freaking speech man. Nobody's dying tonight. Not us, not that family, nobody. Except that demon. That evil son of a bitch ain't getting any older than tonight, you understand me?"Dean ordered, determination written all over his face. Sam nodded and I twisted myself so my feet landed on the floor, off Dean's lap. I shuffled along the seat till I was pressed up against Sam and wrapped my arms around his arm, gripping tightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monica and her family had long gone to bed but we were still watching, waiting for any sign that the demon would appear. We hadn't heard anything from John since he left so Dean was trying to get a hold of him, worried about his silence.

"Dad's not answering."Dean finally grumbled, hanging up the phone.

"Maybe Meg was late. Maybe cell reception's bad."I suggested, saying things that were highly unlikely but would settle my nerves slightly. If only I believed my own words.

"Yeah well...."Dean trailed off, doubting my words as well. Suddenly, the radio started playing static making me glance down to it uneasily.

"Wait."I said. They both turned to look at me as I leaned forward, twisting the knob on the radio."Listen."More static sounded out. The wind picked up outside, rocking the car slightly. We all looked around with wide eyes and my breath caught in my throat as I saw the lights in the house start to flicker. Dean turned to look at us, his eyes wide.

"It's coming."Sam choked out, fiddling with the handle to try and get out. I gasped, leaping out after the brothers and running towards the house. I only hoped we weren't too late and we could save this family from the same pain the Winchester's went through.