Bloody Mary-Summoning

Katherine P.O.V

I sat on the bed in the motel, journal open as I looked at the drawing Lucas had given me. It had never left my mind since I had gotten it. Sam and Dean were sat at the table, Dean was on the laptop searching for possible Mary's.

"Wait, wait wait, you're doing a nationwide search?"Sam asked as I trailed my fingers over the crayon marks.

"Yep. The NCIC, the FBI database-at this point any Mary who died in front of a mirror is good enough for me."Dean grumbled, frustrated by the lack of progress in the case.

"But if she's haunting the town, she should have died in the town."Sam pointed out. The picture disturbed me. I wasn't even really sure how I knew they were my eyes but something told me they were. Something about the shape was familiar. I just didn't know why they were yellow or what that meant.

"Hey, Kat!"Dean snapped, pulling me out of my thoughts. I jumped slightly and looked up at him. "What are you looking at? You should be paying attention."He told me, eyes flickering between my face and the journal.

"Oh, uh, nothing."I replied, snapping the journal shut and setting it beside me before looking over at him."What were you saying?" I asked, eyes flickering between the two brothers, their expressions filled with confusion and concern.

"They way Mary is choosing her victims, it seems like there's a pattern."Sam said, his voice weary as he started. I nodded my head in agreement and he continued."With Mr. Shoemaker and Jill's hit and run..."

"Both had secrets where people died."Dean finished.

"Right. I mean, there's a lot of folklore about mirrors-that they reveal all your lies, all your secrets, that they're a true reflection of your soul, which is why it's bad luck to break them."Sam explained, sounding like a walking, talking encyclopaedia.

"Right, right. So maybe if you've got a secret, I mean like a real nasty one where someone died, then Mary sees it, and punishes you for it."I suggested.

"Whether you're the one who summoned her or not."Sam added with a nod.

"Take a look at this."Dean spoke up, eyes glued to the computer screen. I got up from the bed and moved to peer over his shoulder while Sam looked over his other shoulder. On the screen was a picture of a women lying dead in front of a mirror with the word 'tre' written in blood as well as a bloody handprint next to the word.

"Looks like the same handprint."Sam muttered.

"Her name was Mary Worthington-and unsolved murder in Fort Wayne, Indiana."Dean told us."Think it could be something?"He asked, looking up at me. I stared at him for a moment before looking to Sam. The two of us nodded.

"Definitely worth checking out."

~~~~~~~

We decided to pay the commanding officer in charge a visit and headed to Fort Wayne, Indiana, spilling some lie about being reporters."I was on the job for 35 years-detective for most of that. Now everybody packs it in with a few loose ends, but the Mary Worthington murder-that one still gets me."He said, shaking his head as his eyes were lost in thought.

"What exactly happened?"Dean asked and I shot him a glare. Didn't he do his research?

"You three said you were reporters?"The old detective said, getting a little suspicious.

"We know that Mary was 19, lived by herself. We know she won a few local beauty contests, dreamt of getting out of Indiana, being an actress. And we know that on March 29th someone broke into her apartment and murdered her, cut her eyes out with a knife."I told the man, saving Dean's ass after doing my research. Sam looked impressed.