The Usual Suspects-Different Hero

A/N: Sorry for the long awaited update!!! I've had a lot of school work to catch up on and I've been writing my other book Ruins in the home. I also had an awful allergic reaction to something a few days ago so I'm recovering.

Now, as some of you may remember, Kat was also a suspect in the St. Louis murders but I don't want that to be the case anymore. I plan to edit this entire book once I've finished (it's written awfully as I started it when i was 15) so details like that will be changed.

This episode is kind of hard to write cause a lot of it is flashbacks. So italic will be flashback writing. Sorry if that's confusing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katherine's P.O.V

Normally there's some kind of warning before something happens. Whether that be a feeling or an actual warning, it's still some kind of clue that allows you to be prepared. But in this instance, there was nothing. Sam and I were in our motel room whilst Dean was gone working on the case. It was quiet and I was chuckling at Sam's ridiculous antics as the door was broke down and an entire swat team charged in with their automatic weapons pointed at us. A woman came forward, gun raised in our direction.

"Going somewhere Sam? Katherine?" She asked, her eyes flickering between us. I sighed, shutting my eyes briefly as I slowly raised my hands to my head. This was it. We were caught. I didn't bother to fight as I was cuffed and dragged out the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't sit still. Every time I tried, my mind started to race with thoughts of what was happening to Sam and Dean and I instantly started to fidget. So, to find some sort of solace in the dimly lit room, I started to pace around. As soon as we were brought into the station, Sam and I were separated and I still had no idea where Dean was. After a couple hours on my own, the police woman from earlier walked into the interrogation room, a cup in her hand.

"Thought you might be thirsty." She said gently, placing the cup onto the table.

"Okay, so you're the good cop." I muttered, un-crossing my arms and turning to face her. "Where's the bad cop?"

"Oh, he's with Dean." She said simply, shrugging. I noticed she held a file in her hands.

"Okay. And you're holding us why?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow at her.

"Well, he's being held on suspicion of murder. You and Sam, well we'll see." The agent shrugged.

"Murder?!" I exclaimed, leaning forward in shock.

"You sound genuinely surprised. Or are you that good of an actress?" She smirked, cocking her head to the side.

"Who was he supposed to have murdered?!" I snapped. We were hunters and being a killer came with the job, but it was never an innocent, human life.

"We'll get around to that." She informed me, nodding her head slightly. I couldn't help but feel as if she was mocking me, like she already had all the answers and was just asking me for some kind of joke. Of course, she would never have the real answers but in her mind, she thought she had it all figured out.

"Well, you can't just hold us here without formal charges!" I shouted. Being around Sam had it's perks and I picked up on a few law facts.

"Well actually, we can, for forty eight hours. I'm surprised a high school drop out would know that." She mocked and I clenched my jaw as she opened the file in her hands. "I know all about you, Kat." Her eyes scanned the page as I stood back, waiting to hear the information. "You're twenty four years old, no job, last home address of 2194, Singer Salvage Yard, Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Your mother died when you were a baby. You're father still lives in Sioux Falls, has his whole life." She told me, folding her hands together when she looked up at me."Feel free to jump in whenever you like." She teased but I pursed my lips together and lent against the wall behind me."Shy? No problem. I'll keep going. You pulled yourself out of school a lot when you were younger but despite that, you got all A's. That was until you dropped out and disappeared. You have quite a record on you as well but most of it seemed linked to Dean Winchester. "