The Usual Suspects-Pea soup

A/N: So sorry for the long wait!!!! College has been hectic. I want to thank you all again for all the support and love you have shown me. Seriously, it means the world to me and I couldn't be more thankful! I consider you guys friends, especially the ones who interact with me. I promise I don't bite and I love talking to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After running a few blocks, Sam and I thought it was safe enough to stop and catch our breath. My hands rested on my knees as I bent over, my chest heaving with each gasp of breath I took. Sam stood a few feet away, his eyes glancing around as he tried to think of our next move. "Okay, we need to find somewhere to hide and solve this case." I muttered, straightening and walking to his side. His hazel eyes flickered down to me, his eyebrows furrowing.

"But where?" He asked.

I frowned as I thought for a moment. "We need to get our hands on a phonebook."

"Yeah. Good idea." Sam agreed, nodding his head as he followed me towards a small store. An old man stood behind the counter, a kind smile plastered to his lips as we entered.

"Hello, may we borrow your phone book please?" I questioned, folding my hands in front of me as I lent against the counter. He nodded, the crinkles around his eyes deepening as he smiled, and pulled the book out from behind the counter. "Thank you." Sam took it from my hands, flipping through the pages quickly. His eyes scanned the page he stopped on, memorizing the address for the closest motel before handing it back to me. I handed it back to the store owner. "Thanks again."

Sam and I exited the store, instantly starting to walk down the streets again, keeping to the walls to stay hidden just in case. When we reached our motel, I picked the lock, rushing inside to gather our belongings as Sam kept watch outside. After packing all our duffel bags, I burst out the room, grabbing Sam to start heading towards our new location quickly.

Once we reached the new motel, Sam paid for a room and we locked ourselves in. Whilst he started on researching, I made my way to the bathroom and took a well deserved shower. The long day and interrogations had really started to take it's toll and I just wanted the time to myself to relax. I was incredibly worried about Dean and honestly had no idea how he would get out of this one. I knew we always found a way but I couldn't see any solution to this. It was so frustrating when people accused us of things we didn't do. They were blind to the real horrors of the world, as it should be, but when it came to things like this, it did nothing but cause us trouble. And the worst part was we could do nothing but defend our innocence to the crime. We couldn't breath a word about the truth; they wouldn't believe that a shapeshifter was actually the one to kill all those girls in St. Louis.

The warm water cascaded down my body, washing away all the dirt and sweat, and a sigh left my lips as I lifted my hands, running the cheap hair soap through my hair. A few minutes later, I stepped out and wrapped a white fluffy towel round my body. Steam from the hot water clouded the room and created condensation on the mirror above the porcelain sink.
I lifted my hand and wiped it across the mirror, a squeak accompanying the movement and my reflection now being revealed. Grabbing my brush from the pile of clothes I had brought into the bathroom with me, I began to run it through my long hair, humming to myself quietly.

A knock at the door startled me and I turned around, furrowing my eyebrows."Hey, Kat?" Sam's voice filtered through.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"You might wanna get out here." He chuckled slightly. 

"Okay, I'll be out in a minute." I called out, dropping my towel to start pulling on my underwear. 

I wrapped my hair up as I dragged my jeans onto my legs and pulled my vest over my head. Bending over, I rubbed the towel over my hair to dry it before plugging in the motels hairdryer and blowing the hot air over my head. I let it stay in it's natural waves and applied a tiny bit of makeup before grabbing my jacket and exiting the bathroom.  What I saw shocked me; Officer Ballard was sat on the motel bed, Sam stood opposite her with his arms crossed. "What the hell?"