Something Wicked-Memory

Dean's P.O.V

The site in front of me started to blur as the memories rushed back. I had seen this before. I would never forget.

~Flashback~

My eyes caught the photo of the strange hand-print. I paused in my steps and leaned over the table to get a better look at the blackened claw. I heard a click behind me and turned to see Dad loading his awn off."Alright. You know the drill, Dean. Anybody calls, you don't pick up. If it's me, I'll ring once, then call back. You got that?"He instructed.

"Mm-hmm. Only answer the phone unless it rings once first."I replied in a bored tone.

"Come on, dude, look alive. This stuff is important."He scolded softly and I sighed.

"I know, it's just...we've gone over it like a million times and you know I'm not stupid."I reminded him as I followed him as he walked to the motel sink.

"I know you're not, but it only takes one mistake, you got that?"He warned as he turned back around to look at me. After I nodded, he continued to gather his things."Alright, if I'm not back Sunday night...?"

"Call Pastor Jim."I recalled, knowing the drill.

"Lock the doors, the windows, close the shades. Most important...."He sighed, pointing a finger at me and picking up his bag, moving to the door.

"Watch out for Sammy."I said. I glanced over my shoulder at Sam who was sprawled o the couch watching cartoons on TV."I know."

"Alright. If something tries to bust in?"He asked expectantly. I sighed again, resisting the urge to roll my eyes. This was the same thing every time he left but I knew it was needed.

"Shoot first, ask questions later."

"That's my man."He praised, clasping a hand onto my shoulder. I smiled and walked him to the door, locking it behind him.

~End of Flashback~

"Dean!"Kat's voice snapped me out my memory and I looked up to see her looking at me with concern. I could tell by the urgency in her voice that she had said my name more than once.

I cleared my throat and stood back from the window, a sick feeling in my stomach."I know why Dad sent us here. He's faced this thing before. He wants us to finish the job."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Night had fallen as the Impala pulled into a motel, the vacancy sign brightly lit. I parked the car outside the office and we all exited.

"So what the hell is a shtriga?"Sam asked with confusion.

"It's ... kinda like a witch I think. I don't know much about 'em."I explained as I moved to the trunk of the car. Sam and Kat followed as I started loading the duffel.

"Well I've never heard of it. And it's not in Dad's journal."

"Dad hunted one in Fort Douglas, Wisconsin, about 16, 17 years ago. You were there. You don't remember?"I asked, looking up at him.

"No."He replied, shaking his head.

"And I guess he caught wind of the things in Fitzburg now and kicked us the coordinates."

"So wait, this..."Kat said slowly, speaking up for the first time.

"Shtriga."I finished for her and she nodded.

"Right. You think it's the same one John hunted before?"She asked, wrapping her arms around herself against the cold.

I closed the trunk and shrugged."Yeah, maybe."