Salvation-Fire

Katherine P.O.V

Dean used his credit card to slide the lock on the front door open, holding it as Sam and I entered silently. All the main lights were off except a few lamps as we moved through the house, our eyes searching the shadows. Sam and Dean walked into the lounge quietly and after a moments pause, I follow. Suddenly , the man I recognize to be Monica's husband jumped out from behind a wall with a baseball bat. "Get out of my house!"He yelled.

My eyes widened as he swung the bat at my head. I barely had time to think before I ducked causing the bat to smash a lamp off the table and into the floor, the glass shattering across the carpet. He took another swing but I was trapped, no where to duck. Dean appeared before me and grabbed onto the bat, twisting himself and Mr. Holden to push him against the wall, holding the bat to his throat to keep him in place.

"Please please. Mr Holden please."Sam begged. Mr Holden's face filled with fear as his eyes flickered between the two large men. Slowly, I raised from the floor, brushing off the glass that had stuck to my clothes.

"Be quiet and listen to me."Dean started sharply. Mr. Holden's gaze switched to Dean but he still looked like he was going to put up a fight."Be quiet and listen. We are trying to help you. "

"Charlie? Is everything okay?"Monica's voice called from upstairs.

"Monica get the baby!"Mr. Holden called making me curse under my breath.

"Don't go in the nursery!"I screamed, knowing what would happen. Sam started to rush towards the stairs

"You stay away from her!"Mr.Holden shouted. He started to struggle against Dean's hold, managing to push the bat away from his neck. He pushed Dean away causing him to stumble backwards into a table. Charlie started to run after Sam so I rushed forwards, backhanding him across the face and slamming his head into the wall. He dropped unconscious to the floor and I panted, the adrenaline building in my body. Dean got up from the floor and bent down to pull Charlie's body over his shoulder in a fireman's lift.

"Go! Help Sam!"Dean ordered as he moved towards the front door. I took a deep breath, hesitating for a split second before bolting up the steps. A gun shot echoed through the hallways and my breathing picked up as I forced my legs to move faster.

"Rosie!"I heard Monica yell in terror and it directed me towards the right room. I burst through the open doorway just as Monica collapsed to the floor by the wall.

"Where the hell did it go!"Sam exclaimed as he searched the room frantically. I looked in the corners trying to find the figure but the shadows revealed nothing.

"My baby!"Monica screamed, standing to her feet and trying to get to the cot. Sam caught onto her arm, pulling her towards the door."My baby!!"

"No wait!"Sam insisted, dragging her away.

"MY BABY!!!"Monica sobbed, her voice loud as she fought against Sam's hold.

"Take her and go!"Dean ordered as he ran into the room, rushing over to the cot.

"Rosie!"Monica continued to sob as Sam directed her away. I stayed in the room to usher Dean out and make sure the baby and him stayed safe."My baby!"

"Dean and Kat's got her."Sam said as he forced her down the stairs. Dean quickly wrapped the small girl up in the blanket and pulled her into his arms. Suddenly, the cot exploded into flames just as Rosie was removed making me gasp and pull him away from the heat. Dean raced out the room but just as I was about to follow, the door slammed close.

A force pushed on my chest sending me flying to the floor and I scrambled away as a dark figure appeared above me. The fire started to spread around me, the room rising in temperature and change to a bright orange. "You."I gasped. This had to be the demon. The one who had ruined the Winchester's lives. He was covered by the shadows, only his shape visible.

"Me."He chuckled and I furrowed my eyebrows, leaping to my feet to put some distance between us. His voice seemed so familiar.

"What do you want?"I hissed. I didn't have the colt with me therefore no way to protect myself. I was completely vulnerable. He turned his body slightly but it was enough to illuminate his face in the orange glow. My eyes widened and my breath caught in my throat. Yellow. His eyes were yellow. "No."

"What's the matter Katherine? Missed me?"He smirked and I backed away from him, coughing due to the thick smoke forming in the room. My lungs started to burn as the smoke became thicker and I breathed deeply to try and drag as much air in as I could.

"No, it's not true. It can't-"I stuttered but he cut me off, a menacing laugh escaping his lips.

"Why not? I've been waiting for you to figure it out. You were taking too long. Had to give you a push."He tutted, circling the room slowly. My mind wandered to Dean and Sam. What would they think when they found out the man who they hunted was the same man that tormented me? Did they realize I wasn't out of the house yet? "Don't worry. I'm not gonna kill you. You're far too important for that, Just wanted to show you the truth."

"I don't understand what you want!"I yelled, covering my mouth to try and stop the smoke entering my lungs. I started coughing uncontrollably and it got hard to see through the fire and smoke.

He smirked."You will soon my sweet little girl."

I opened my mouth but he snapped his fingers, disappearing from view. The door swung open just as the ceiling of the nursery started to cave in. I raised my hands to protect my head and let out a short yelp, bolting out the door. The fire spread through the house quickly, the flames licking at my skin as I ran through the house.

"Let me go! I have to go back! Kat!"I heard Dean scream as I ran towards the front door. I burst through it, running towards the brothers and family on the front lawn until I couldn't anymore and collapsed, coughing heavily. Mr. Holden was holding Dean back as it looked like he was struggling to get back into the house. When I fell to the floor, he released his hold allowing Dean to dive towards me, pulling me into his arms and further away from the burning house.

The nursery window exploded, the glass raining down onto the yard. Dean instinctively covered my body with his to protect me from the shards and helped me stand up once he knew it was over. Monica was stood in her husbands arms, Rosie bundled securely near her chest. She was sobbing gently as she rocked her daughter and looked between all of us, genuine gratitude in her eyes."Thank you."

With a devastated look on his face, Sam turned back to the burning house. His eyes widened and his jaw clenched as he stared into the nursery window. I followed his gaze to see the demon silhouette stood standing completely still."It's still in there!"Sam growled, his feet moving to carry him forwards.

"Sam!"I called out.

Dean's head snapped in our direction and he leaped forward to grip onto his shoulders, tugging him back."Sam. Sam, no."

"Dean let me go, it's still in there."Sam screamed, struggling against his brother. Dean shoved him so he was stood between Sam and the house.

"No. It's burning to the ground, it's suicide."Dean growled. I ran forward, grabbing onto Sam's jacket to keep him there.

"I don't care."Sam yelled in Dean's face. I looked up at him shocked as the words left his mouth. He really didn't care if he died.

"We do!"He shouted back.

"You didn't seem to care when you tried to run in there after Kat!"Sam spat and I looked to Dean. Was he really gonna run into a burning house for me?

"That's different and you know it!"Dean snapped, not even looking my way. Sam searched the older brother's face, clenching his jaw before switching his eyes to the nursery. Dean and I also looked up to see the demon still there but when a large flame flicked higher into the air, he disappeared with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam sat on the motel bed, staring down at the floor while I sat at the table, knees to my chest and my arms wrapped around them tightly. Dean was pacing the room, his phone to his ear."Come on Dad, answer your phone damn it."He hissed in frustration. Giving it another second, he hung up and glared down at the small phone in his hand."Somethings wrong."Dean muttered, looking from me to Sam with a worried expression. Sam didn't answer and stared at the wall, the signature bitch-face in place."You hear me? Somethings wrong."Dean repeated when neither me or Sam answered.

"If you had just let me go in there, I coulda ended all this."Sam said lowly, his eyes remaining locked on the wall. Dean took a step back, shock written across his face.

"Sam, the only thing you would have ended was your life."I hissed, angry. He was being selfish, not thinking about me or Dean. All he had thought about in that moment-and still-was his pure hatred and rage. After finding out that the thing haunting me was a demon, the same demon that the Winchester's had dedicated their lives to hunting, mt mind was clouded with questions. I wanted to kill this thing as well but in no way was it worth losing my family over.

Sam's gaze fell on me, hardening. ​​​​​"You don't know that."

"So what, you're just willing to sacrifice yourself, is that it?"Dean voiced my thoughts, walking towards the bed.

"Yeah. Yeah you're damn right I am."Sam snapped, jumping to his feet as he glared at his brother.

"Well that's not going to happen, not as long as we're around."Dean said, gesturing between himself and me. He started to turn away but Sam's voice stopped him.

"What the hell are you talking about Dean, we've been searching for this demon our whole lives. It's the only thing we've ever cared about."Sam shot back.

"Sam I wanna waste it. I do. Okay? But it's not worth dying over."Dean replied.

"What?"Sam questioned, sounding offended and confused by his brothers words.

"I mean it. If hunting this demon means getting yourself killed then I hope we never find the damn thing."Dean admitted. I knew that took a lot for him to say as he wanted revenge for what that thing did to his mother.

"That thing killed Jess. That thing killed Mom."Sam growled, his jaw clenching.

"You said yourself once, that no matter what we do, they're gone, and they're never coming back."Dean said, his voice low. Sam completely lost it as the words escaped the older Winchester's mouth and grabbed Dean, slamming him hard against the wall.

"Sam!"I jumped up from my seat, rushing over to them and standing to the side, not knowing what to do.

"Don't you say that, not you! Not after all this don't you say that."Sam cried, getting close to Dean's face. Emotion was thick in his voice and I could tell that all this was really taking it's toll on him.

"Sam look. The four of us...that's all we have...and it's all I have."Dean said. His voice cracked slightly giving away his feelings. Sam's eyes filled with tears as he stared at his brother. Dean's next words sent a spark of pain through my chest."Sometimes I feel like I'm barely holding it together man...and without you, Dad or Kat...."He trailed off, his green orbs flickering to mine. They held such sadness. He just looked like a scared, lonely little boy.

"Dad."Sam mumbled, clearly upset. He let go of Dean, pushing himself away and rubbing his forehead. Dean stayed where he was, taking deep breaths."He should have called by now. Try him again."Sam spoke up, tears in his eyes.

Dean licked his lips as he dialed John's number and pressed the phone back to his ear. It rang for a second before Dean's body stiffened and his eyes snapped in mine and Sam's direction."Where is he?"Dean growled through clenched teeth.