Hunted - Guilt

A/N: HEY DEMONS, IT'S ME, YA BOI!!! Oops, disappeared for a hot minute again didn't I. Being an adult sucks and is a lot more effort than I thought :( Hope you like the chapter though. Just a reminder that there was a scene before this with a demon kid talking to his therapist about his gifts and nightmares about the yellow eyed man and then he's stabbed by his car and also a scene where Sam is blown up in a cabin thing. I didn't include them as they are out of Kat's P.O.V but here's the reminder.

"Right before Dad died, he told me something." He took a deep breath before looking up, his eyes flickering between the pair of us."He told me something about you."

I didn't know why, but my heart sunk.

"What?" Sam asked softly, slight fear in his voice. The older Winchester didn't answer, his eyes just clouded with sadness as he regarded the pair of us.

"Dean, what did he tell you?" I pushed. Before the words even left his mouth, it was as if I already knew.

"He said that he-"He broke off, taking in a breath that stuttered."He wanted me to watch out for you, to take care of you."

"He told you that a million times." Sam smiled, confused as to why Dean seemed so uncomfortable. It was true, Dean was always told to look out for us.

Dean looked down, shaking his head."No, this time was different. He said that I had to save you."

"Save us from what?" I whispered. There was a heavy feeling inn my chest as I stared at Dean, watching his face twist in torment.

"He just said that I had to save you, that nothing else mattered; and that if I couldn't, I'd . . ." He trailed off, his breath catching in his throat. Sam began to get frustrated, holding his hands out as a gesture to continue.

"You'd what, Dean?"

"That I'd have to kill you. He said that I might have to kill you." Dean breathed out. I froze, my eyes widening in shock. John wouldn't have said that, I mean why would he have said that. It was just Sam and I...right?

"Kill us? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I asked, furrowing my brows in confusion. It didn't make sense; John would never ask that of Dean-hell, he would never let Dean touch us. Definitely not his baby brother Sam.

"I don't know." Dean whispered, not looking either of us in the eyes.

"I mean, he must have had some kind of reason for saying it, right? Did he know the demon's plans for us?" Sam snapped, throwing his arms out.

I shook my head aggressively, folding my arms over my chest. "Are we supposed to go Darkside or something? What else did he say, Dean?"

"Nothing, that's it, I swear." Dean promised, finally looking up. I could see the struggle in his eyes as he looked between us. He didn't want to believe it either, but the words hadn't come from just anyone's mouth, they had come from John.

"How could you not have told me this?" Sam yelled.

"Because it was Dad, and he begged me not to." Dean shot back, almost pleading with us to understand. I ran a hand over my mouth, turning away from the pair.

"Who cares?! Take some responsibility for yourself, Dean!" Sam cried, pointing an accusing finger at his brother. "You had no right to keep this from me!"

"You think I wanted this? Huh? I wish to God he'd never opened his mouth. Then I wouldn't have to walk around with this screaming in my head all day." Dean argued. I turned to face him, the anger towards him slowly fading. He was right, this wasn't his fault. John and his damn secrets did this. I walked forward as Sam turned away, an angry huff leaving his mouth. Dean looked up as I approached, an almost scared look in his eyes, anticipating my rage. Instead, I reached out and caressed his hand gently, letting him know I got it. He relaxed, leaning down till his forehead lent against mine, closing his eyes as he took a deep breath.