No Exit- H. H. Holmes

A/N: Hey guys!! Thought I'd update quicker this time and not leave you hanging. I just started college and it already sucks big time. Originally I was gonna have Jo actually be a bitch cause I didn't know how else to keep it the same but add Kat. But thanks to a lovely reader on wattpad by the name of, Outoftea, she's no longer mean! She gave me the idea that Jo did it out of love to get them to talk and I liked that much better cause I hated having Jo and Kat not like each other. So thank you!!!

Dean's P.O.V

The leather couch beneath me was incredibly uncomfortable. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't get comfortable and kept twisting and turning my body in weird positions. Kat and Jo took the room with the bed while Sam and I took the couches. A game of rock paper scissors meant that I got the stupid, small armchair. I had gotten so used to Kat being beside me that I found it hard to sleep without her. Even before anything was said, she stayed cuddled to my side and it always managed to make me feel better because I knew she was safe in my arms. But she wasn't there with me and despite the exhaustion, I could only doze off.

Scuffling in the kitchen caught my attention and I blinked my eyes open, squinting at the bright lights coming from a lamp. It took me a second to gather my bearings before I turned my head to see Jo sat at the table, her eyes scanning the papers on the surface. With a groan, I stood up and made my way over, rubbing the crick in my neck.

"What you still doing up?" I asked, my voice still husky and thick from sleep.

"Couldn't sleep. Wanted to go over everything." She explained with a shrug, her eyes never leaving the pages.

"You should sleep, Jo." I ordered softly, leaning on the back of the chair. People never functioned well on lack of sleep and hunters needed it most of all which was ironic considering we didn't get much.

"I know. And I will eventually." She sighed and looked up to meet my eyes. For a moment, she didn't speak and then she sighed, tilting her head tot he side."You should go in there."

"What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. Sam's soft snores were filling the air and we kept our voices to whispers so we didn't wake him up.

"When I do eventually get sleep, I'll take the couch. You should go in there with Kat." Jo motioned her head towards the door of the bedroom.

I shook my head. "Jo-"

"I'm not stupid Dean. Besides, she told me all about you. I know how you two feel." She bit her lip, leaning back in her chair as I stood back.

"She did?" I inquired. It wasn't all that surprising considering their relationship but I hadn't realized they had spoken about it that soon.

"Who else was she gonna talk to?" Jo chuckled, rolling her eyes. "Took you long enough to make the move though. Had to help."

"What do you mean?" I raised an eyebrow. Had to help with what?

"Why do you think I've been flirting with ya?" Jo raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms over her chest. "I know Kat well enough to know that she'd get jealous and say something."

"You mean you planned to get her jealous?" I asked, a laugh leaving my mouth with a breath.

"Of course." She scoffed. "Got you to talk it out though didn't it?"

I smiled down at the floor, nodding my head at the memory. "Yeah, it did."

"I'm glad. You make her real happy." Jo smiled gently.

"She makes me happy too." I replied. Kat was my happiness. It didn't matter where I was or what was happening, if she was there then I knew it would be okay.