Crossroad Blues-Saving the damned

Katherine's P.O.V

A wide set of wooden stairs loomed before me as I wandered into the apartment building after the brothers. I sighed in irritation before pulling myself up the steps slowly, considerably behind the Winchesters."What's this guy's name again?" Sam asked, looking to his left where he thought I would be. After not finding me, his eyebrows furrowed and he glanced behind him, finally seeing me trudging behind them.

I glared slightly at the amusement on his face and answered."George Darrow. Apparently quite the regular at Lloyd's." After figuring out the crossroads deals, we had headed inside Llyod's bar. The brothers were quite unsuccessful at getting information due to the only customers being burly men. They would, however, talk to me which Dean was not too fond of.

"Though this house probably ain't up next on MTV Cribs, is it?" Dean teased with a smirk, coming to a stop as we reached the first landing. They both waited for me to catch up-a good two minutes, and then proceeded on their way. Dean gently took my hand in his, tugging me with him as he climbed the staircase.

"Yeah. So whatever kind of deal he made," Sam started.

"Wasn't for cash." Dean finished, looking around the dingy apartment building once more. It wasn't exactly the worse I had seen but I wouldn't say it was luxurious.

"Oh, who knows. Maybe this place is full of babes in Princess Leia bikinis." I teased, motioning with my hands to my chest. Dean let out a chuckle, tilting his head back a bit whilst Sam sighed heavily. He was so obviously done with our bullshit. I rolled my eyes and shook my head slightly. "I'm just saying, this guy's got one epic bill come due. Hope at least he asked for something fun."

As we reached the fourth landing, Dean tugged on my hand and pulled me towards the hallway instead of the other staircase. I was grateful that no more stairs would be involved. The hallway was particularity messy and not very well looked after but we had already established that this wasn't the best living conditions. But then again, at least he had living conditions. The Winchester's never had a place to call home after theirs went up in flames.

"Look at that." Sam pointed out, gesturing to the floor in front of the door we had stopped at. A line of black dust lay as a sort of barrier to the occupant of 4C, oddly reminding me of the way we use salt.

I untwisted my hand from Dean's grasp and crouched down beside Sam, lightly running my finger along the substance and bringing it to my nose. "What is that, pepper?"

The suddenly swung open revealing a dark skinned older man whom I assumed top be George. Just like the building surrounding him, he wasn't particularly in great condition. His grey shirt was grimy and covered in dirt stains whilst the pin-striped button down that he had loosely on his frame was wrinkled and ripped in certain areas. "Who the hell are you?" George rudely questioned, looking at the three of us with suspicion as we rose to out feet.

"George Darrow?" Dean confirmed.

"I'm not buying anything." George snapped, quickly pushing the door to close it.

Dean quickly held his hand out, pushing lightly on the door to keep it open. A smirk covered his lips as he gestured down to the line at the door."Whoa, whoa, whoa, looks like you went for the wrong shaker there. Heh. Usually when you want to keep something evil out you go for the salt."

"I don't know what you talkin' about." George denied.

"Talkin' about this." I announced, reaching into my back pocekt to pull out the small black and white photo of the man before us, only a much younger version. A look of recognition and fear crossed the graying man's eyes as he gazed upon the picture that sealed his fate."Tell me. You seen that Hellhound yet?"