Provenance-Where's your game

Katherine P.O.V

After getting rid of the painting, we went back to the motel to change and pack. Dean came rushing out the bathroom, his face full of panic."We got a problem -- I can't find my wallet."He exclaimed as me and Sam packed our bags.

"How is that our problem?"Sam asked, raising an eyebrow.

"'Cause I think I dropped it in the warehouse last night."Dean mentioned, running across the room for his jacket.

"You're kidding, right?"I asked horrified, pausing my motions.

"No. It's got my prints, my ID, well my fake ID anyway."Dean shrugged on his jacket and looked to us."We gotta get it before someone else finds it. Come on."

I sighed deeply and exchanged a look with Sam before grabbing my jacket and following. Just as we thought everything was okay, this had to happen. Could we not catch a break.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dean drove to the auction house at top speed, most likely breaking a few road laws on the way. Once inside, we split up and rushed around, searching every nook and cranny to try and find his wallet.

"How do you lose your wallet, Dean?"Sam whispered, frustrated. Dean threw his hands up in the air and kept looking. I was bent down, looking under a cabinet when a voice called behind me.

"Hey guys!"Sarah said and I jumped, my head whacking against the wooden surface. I hissed in pain and spun around to see her smiling and the boys shifting to act natural.

"Sarah! Hey."Sam smiled nervously.

"What are you doing here?"Sarah asked, confused but seemed happy to see Sam.

"Ahh, we.... we are leaving town and, you know, we came to say goodbye."Sam said, glancing back to us. I didn't miss the fact that Sarah glanced down sadly.

Dean strolled over, grinning."What are you talking about Sam, we're sticking around for at least another day or two."Sam looked at his brother confused and I knew I held a similar expression. Dean's hand dipped into his pocket and he pulled out his wallet making my eyes widen. He looked to Sam meaningfully, a smirk on his face."Oh, Sam. By the way. I'm gonna go ahead and give you that $20 I owe you."Dean turned to Sarah."I always forget, you know."He pulled out a $20 bill and Sam snatched it from him, a disbelieving look on his face. Dean turned back to me and grabbed my hand then looked back to Sarah."Well we'll leave you two crazy kids alone, we gotta go do something...somewhere."

Dean dragged me off around the corner but stopped, pressing a finger to his lip. I glared at him playfully as a smile spread on my face."That was real sweet of you, Dean."

Dean looked to me, a small smile on his face."Shut up. I'm just tryin' to get my brother laid."

I laughed quietly, aware that Sam and Sarah could hear us if we spoke too loud."And you ruined the moment."

"It's my specialty."He smirked and shushed me, leaning in closer to the corner to hear.

"So..."Sam breathed out awkwardly and I couldn't help but shake my head. Smooth Sam, real smooth.

"I had a good time last night."Sarah offered.

"Yeah, yeah. I did too."Sam replied and I peeked round the corner to see Sarah smiling at him, his hands in his pockets.

"Maybe we should do it again sometime."Sarah smiled wider and I smirked.

"You know. I'd love to, I really would, but Dean, he was just screwing around. We really are taking off today."Sam frowned and I hit my head against the wall. Why was he shutting her down?