Skin-Broken

Katherine P.O.V

Following the ambulance led the three of us to a house that was just down the street. Police cars were everywhere, and had drawn a crowd of neighbours. Just as the three of us arrived, a man was being led out the house, handcuffed and led towards the nearest police car.

Something wasn't right about his expression. He seemed frightened and confused. I tapped the nearest woman to me and asked what was going on."He tried to kill his wife."She explained, shaking her head."Tied her up and beat her."

"Really?"I breathed out

The woman nodded."I used to see him going to work in the morning. He'd wave, say hello. He seemed like such a nice guy."

I thanked her for answering my question and turned back towards Sam and Dean, running over towards the Impala."They guy, the one they say is the killer. It sounds just like Zack."

Dean crossed his arms."You're kidding."

"I saw his face Dean."I argued."He looked scared, like he didn't know what the hell was going on. Nobody's gonna listen to him. We solve this. Now."I glanced over at Sam and nodded."Looks like you were right, Moose."

~~~~~~~
Sam and I went to the house to look for any evidence. I was looking around the outside while Sam was checking the bins.

"Defiantly our kind of problem."Dean declared, walking up to us.

"What'd you find out?"I asked.

"Well, I just talked to the patrolman who was first on the scene, heard this guy, Alex's story. Apparently the dude was driving home from a business trip when his wife was attacked."Dean explained, I noticed how he avoided looking at Sam and when I glanced at him, I saw why. Sam was smirking and had a classic 'I told you so' face.

"So, he was two places at once."Sam clarified.

"Exactly. Then he sees himself in the house, police think he's a nutjob."Dean mentions.

"So, shapeshifter then?"I look at them for confirmation.

"We've got two attacks within blocks of each other. I'm guessin' we've got a shapeshifter prowlin' the neighbourhood."Dean agreed and Sam nodded.

"Let me ask you this-in all the this shapeshifter lore, can any of them fly?"Sam asked.

"Not that I know of."Dean replied.

"I picked up a trail here. Someone ran out of the back of this building and headed off this way. And, just like at Zack's house, the trail suddenly ends. I mean, whatever it is just disappeared."

"Well, there's only one way to go if you can't go up."I look at the nearby grate that led to the sewers."There's always down."

~~~~~~~~

The three of us climbed into the sewers and looked around. I wrinkled up my nose in disgust as I caught a wiff of the smell. Dean was in the front leading the way, Sam was at the back, leaving me in the middle. I walk and try to ignorer the churning in my stomach when I see a a pile of skin and blood. Well, so much for not throwing up.

"Dean, look out."I call and Dean jumps away from the pile, wrinkling up his nose."Looks like the shifter is using the sewer system to get around."Dean crouched down and pulled out a pocket knife, prodding the pile.