Hell House-It's on

Katherine P.O.V

Dean took Sam and I to the library where we researched everything we could about this Mordechai. Dean disappeared shortly after saying research was boring and decided to see if he could identify the corpse. A few hours after, Sam and I gave up. There was nothing. We exited the library to meet with Dean, sighing in frustration.

"Hey."Sam called as Dean fell into step beside us.

"Hey. What you got?"Dean asked.

I looked down to the notebook in my hand and showed him the notes."Well we couldn't find a Mordechai but I did find a Martin Murdock who lived in that house in the '30s. He did have children but only two of them, both boys, and there's no evidence he ever killed anyone."

"Huh."Dean sighed, looking away in thought.

"What about you?"Sam questioned as we reached the impala. None of us moved to get in and instead, stood talking over it.

"Well those kids didn't really give us a clear description of that dead girl but I did hit up the police station. No matching missing persons. It's like she never existed. Dude, come on, we did our digging, man, this one's a bust all right. For all we know those HellHound boys made up the whole thing."Dean exclaimed and I shrugged. Maybe this was nothing.

Sam huffed and scratched the back of his neck before looking."Yeah all right."

"I say we find ourself a bar and some beers and leave the legend to the locals."Dean suggested and I nodded with a smile. Dean and I got into the car. Sam didn't follow and instead leaned down, smiling, to look into the window. I furrowed my eyebrows as Dean switched the ignition on. Suddenly, Latino pop-dance music blasted from the speakers making me jump and cover my ears. Dean tried frantically to turn off the car but the windshield wipers came on instead and he jumped in surprise."WHOA! What the..."He gasped, quickly turning everything off. Sam laughed hard as he climbed into the car, glancing between Dean and I. He licked his finger and made in an imaginary 1 in the air before pointing to himself. "That's all you got?"Dean asked his brother, giving him a dirty look. Sam smiled widely and closed his door." Weak. That is bush league."

"I think I'm deaf in one ear."I said, shaking my head and moving my jaw around to try and unpop my eardrum. Sam laughed loudly as the impala pulled away from the curb.

~~~~~~~

It didn't take long to find a bar, order beers and settle in. Dean was flirting with the bartender like he usually did but she would keep sending me cold glares. I sat with Sam but finally, the obnoxious laughs and pickup lines coming from Dean and 'Julie' were too much. I rolled my eyes and stood abruptly, excusing myself to the bathroom.When I got there, I splashed my face with cold water and took in deep breaths. Another headache was building and I winced at the sharp pains. Why did he have to flirt in front of me? I mean, I get it, that's just who Dean is. But couldn't he, you know...be less Dean sometimes? I didn't want to go back out and face 'Julie' with her caked in makeup face and high pitched voice but I couldn't hide in the bathroom forever.

When I came out, it was only Dean and Sam at the table. No Julie. I sighed in relief and sat down opposite Dean."Where'd Julie, go?"I asked, scrunching up my face when I said her name. Dean laughed and tilted his head in the direction of the bar. I looked over to see a stony faced Julie, wiping up the counter. I turned back and raised an eyebrow at Dean.

"What? Just didn't feel like it tonight."He muttered, looking down. My eyes widened and I rushed forward, feeling his forehead."What are you doing?"

"Are you okay? Are you ill? Sam I think he's a shifter!"I exclaimed, smirking as Dean glared at me. He pushed me away and I sit down, laughing."Wow. Never thought I'd see the day when Dean Winchester would turn down a pretty girl."I shook my head in mock disbelief.