Provenance-Truth

Katherine P.O.V

The next morning, Dean was sat at the bar with the laptop, Sam was pacing the room, and I was beside Dean with a bottle of water between my hands and bouncing my knee up and down. Last night, Sarah had been completely freaked out and it was hard to try and convince her to lie. We had no idea if she had mentioned our names to the cops and we were waiting. Suddenly, a sharp knock came from the door and Sam rushed over, pulling it open to reveal Sarah. She pushed past Sam into the room.

"Hey. You alright?"Sam asked, concern on his face as he shut the door.

"No, actually, I just lied to the cops and told them I went to Evelyn's, alone, and found her like that."Sarah snapped and Sam looked relieved. Dean smirked and looked to me while I sighed in relief.

"Thank you."Sam said gently.

"Don't thank me, I'm about to call them right back if you don't tell me what the hell's going on. Who's killing these people?"Sarah demanded making my eyes widen. Sam looked to Dean who raised his eyebrows. I nodded my head slightly and Sam turned back to Sarah, sighing in defeat.

"What."

"What?"Sarah asked in confusion.

"It's not 'who'. It's 'what' is killing those people."Sam explained and Sarah looked at him like he was insane. Sam sighed deeply and tried again."Sarah, you saw that painting move."

Sarah huffed and turned her back to us."No...no I was...I was seeing things. It's impossible."She said but it sounded like she was trying to convince herself.

"Yeah well, welcome to our world."Dean called out with a small, sarcastic smile.

"Sarah, I know this sounds crazy...but we think that that painting is haunted."Sam said softly, trying not to scare her.

Sarah snickered, tears coming to her eyes."You're joking."She looks to all of us, her face falling."You're not joking. God, the guys I go out with."

"Sarah, think about it. Evelyn, the Telesca's, they both had the painting. And there have been others before that. Wherever this thing goes people die. And we're just trying to stop it. And that's the truth."Sam explained. She looked over to me and Dean and I nodded, giving her a reassuring smile.

She took a deep breath and moved around Sam so she was standing in front of us."Then I guess you'd better show me. I'm coming with you."

"What? No. Sarah no, you should just go home. This stuff can get dangerous and"Sam said his tone concerned. As he trailed off, I looked up to him, seeing the pain in his eyes."...and I don't want you to get hurt."

"Look, you guys are probably crazy, but if you're right about this? Well me and my Dad sold that painting that mighta got these people killed. Look I'm not saying I'm not scared because I am scared as hell but...I'm not going to run and hide either."Sarah exclaimed and I raised an eyebrow, a smirk coming to my face. Sarah nodded and strides to the door, opening it and turning back to us."So are we going or what?"She asked then walked out.

I looked at Dean and chuckled slightly, both of us already loving this girl."Sam?"I called and he looked across to where we were sitting.

Dean lifted his arm and pointed after Sarah, finishing my sentence."Marry that girl."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dean drove us back to Evelyn's house. It was taped off with yellow crime tape so we ducked under it and ran up the porch stairs. Sam started to pick the lock as Dean and I kept watch, Sarah standing off to the side.

"Ahhh... isn't this a crime scene?"Sarah asked, nervous. Her face showed a little bit of fear and anxiety.

"You've already lied to the cops. What's another infraction?"Dean smirked, pulling out a pocket knife and slicing the tape on the door. Once inside, we made our way to the living room where Sam carefully lifted the painting off the wall, placing it on the floor, lent up against the table. Sam started to examine it while we stood behind him.