Croatoan - Gus blazing, Questions after

A/N: Hey Guys! I hope you are all doing well. I can't promise that the updates on this will be regular, but I hope to write as much as possible. Side note, I never got around to adding this link!! An amazing person made a for this book so please show it some love! ()

Katherine's P.O.V

Tension filled the air as both Winchester's glared at each other. It seemed all off us were bottling up things and it was just bubbling at the surface waiting to explode. Thankfully, Dr Lee rushed into the room, breaking the silence.

"How's the patient?" I asked when neither brother spoke up.

"Terrible!" She snapped."What the hell happened out there?"

"We don't know." Dean shrugged.

"Yeah? Well, you just killed my next door neighbor." Dr Lee growled, obviously confused and sad about losing someone she had known most of her life. I didn't want to tell her that it was me who pulled the trigger.

"We didn't have a choice." Dean argued.

"Maybe so, but we need the county Sheriff. I need the coroner . . ."She trailed off, her eyes flickering between us.

"Phones are down." I pointed out, biting my bottom lip as I began to think of some other options.

"I know, I tried. Tell me you have a police radio in the car?"She questioned,hope in her voice but I could see she was starting to believe something was wrong too. This wasn't just an attack and I think she knew that.

"Yeah we do. But it crapped out just like everything else." Sam sighed.

Dr Lee looked between us, her concern growing. It's clear that she was relying on us to give her answers. "I don't understand what is happening."

"How far is it to the next town?" Dean inquired.

"It's about forty miles down to Sidewinder."She replied.

"Alright, I'm gonna go down there, see if I can find some help." Dean said, then turned to clap Sam on the shoulder. "My partners will stick around, keep you guys safe."

Dean started to walk away but turned back when Dr Lee called out in a shocked tone. "Safe from what?"

"We'll get back to you on that." Dean muttered, spinning on his heel.

Before he could get any further, I spoke up, making my way towards him."I'll come with you."

I stopped though when he held his hand up, waving me back. He avoided eye contact and gave me an awkward smile as if to soften the blow. "No, stay with them. I'll be back before you know it."

I couldn't help but feel as if he wasn't asking me to stay for their sake. He had been keeping his distance, avoiding me as much as possible. I sighed, nodding my head as I took a step back, hugging my arms to my chest. However much I wanted to go with him, I didn't want to push him into anything. I knew Dean well enough to kn ow it would only push him further away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No matter how many bodies I was saw, I would never get over the way they looked. I found it so strange how something could go from being so filled with life to just an empty shell like that. So cold, pale, and sickly looking. Dr Lee's sigh bought me out of my thoughts and I turned to see her lent over her desk, looking down a microscope. "What?" I asked.

"His lymphocyte percentage is pretty high. His body was fighting off a viral infection." She explained, a look of curiosity sitting upon her face as she glanced back at Mr Tanner's corpse.