Dead in the water-Breathe

Dean's P.O.V

Jake had gone into the water, hoping that Peter would take him instead. Just hoping that that would be enough. It was. I resurfaced with Lucas in my arms who was coughing up water. Andrea let out a relieved laugh as I swam towards the dock, lifting Lucas up onto it.

"Lucas!"She cried out, hugging him tightly."You're okay..."

Sam resurfaced moments later and relaxed once he saw Lucas on the docks."Is he okay?"He asked once he climbed up.

"He's okay!"Andrea called, smiling."Thank you...thank you for saving Lucas."

Sam nodded. glancing around."Where's Kat?"

"You haven't seen her?"I asked, looking around frantically. My face paled when I saw Lucas point a shaky finger at the water. I turned slowly, terrified of what I might see. There was a body floating on the water's surface. Face down. I recognised the blonde hair, fanned out around the body and without even thinking I dove in. I wasted no time in wrapping my arms around her and pulling her to my chest, swimming back. Sam reached down and pulled her up, laying her on the docks."Sam...Is she okay?"I asked, kneeling beside her.

"I...I don't know Dean."He said, tears starting to run down his cheeks. Panic started to claw it's way up my throat. he put his fingers to her neck and I watched his face fall.

"What do you mean you don't know!"I hissed. No, she had to be okay.

"She isn't breathing Dean." I pushed his hands away and started CPR. No, she couldn't leave me.

"Come on Kate. Breathe!" I said in a hoarse voice. Tears started to build up in my eyes. I couldn't lose her."You promised, you promised you wouldn't leave me!"I started to sob. Sam was sobbing opposite me, holding her lifeless hand. She was so cold. I started mouth to mouth, doing anything I could.

"Dean...I don't think she's-"Sam started to say but was cut off when Kate started to cough up water. I looked down at her in shock and her eyes fluttered open, instantly finding mine. I smiled through my tears and pulled her into a hug.

"Don't you ever do that to me again."I whispered in her ear and tightened my arms. The sound of her breathing made me relax. She was alive.

"I'm sorry."She said. I pulled away and cupped her face in my hands, staring intensely into her powder blue eyes. Eyes that I thought I wouldn't get to see again.

"Oh god Kate, we thought we lost you."More tears ran down my face, I could see Sam watching us from the corner of my eye but I didn't care. I know it sounds cheesy but right now, it was only me and her. She was the only thing I saw.

"I thought I was a goner for a minute too."She chuckled but it sounded strained, like her throat was dry."I remember finding Lucas and then-"Her eyes widened."Lucas!?"She spun around quickly and I could see her visibly relax when she saw the little boy, breathing, in his mothers arms. Surprisingly, Lucas pulled himself out of Andrea's arms and flung himself into Kate's."Oh god. You're okay." Lucas pulled away and looked into her face.

"Wh-w-why?"Lucas said. Shocking everyone. He had spoke.

"Why what Lucas?"Kate asked, eyes wide with shock.

"Why di-did yyo-y-you....Why did you let him take you?"He stuttered out. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. What did he mean, let him take you?

"Because I had to save you, Lucas." Her face softened into a smile as she looked at the little boy.

"What does he mean?"Sam asked, still wiping away tears from his eyes. Kate looked to him and her face fell into one of concern. She kept Lucas's hands in one of hers but leant forward to give Sam a hug.