Everybody loves a clown-Harvelles

I hated this episode because I have a horrible phobia of clowns. I couldn't watch it properly and skipped it whenever I could but obviously I had to write it because two main characters are introduced and with John and that....be glad I love you guys<3 Thanks to Beth  for the help and Kat still has a broken arm guys. Just to remind ya<3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katherine's P.O.V

The fire rose high into the night's sky as we stood in the woods, watching the body on the pyre burn. The only light came from the fire as it consumed John's body. I stood  a little a way from the brother's, part of me feeling as if I was intruding on this personal moment. But I was assured by Sam that it was okay to be here, John being just as much my family. I still wanted to give them space though. Looking over to them, my heart broke a little more. Sam was close to tears, fidgeting as he gazed into the fire while Dean stood emotionless. I could see the pain behind his glassed eyes though and I wanted nothing more than to comfort him...I just didn't know how.

I had figured out what John did pretty quickly. I mean, a miraculous recovery from Dean, the summoning ingredients he asked for, and his....death. I didn't say anything because I thought he would have more time. Normally, 10 years is a given for a deal.....John didn't even have an hour. That did make me wonder who he made the deal with to get such unfair treatment but I didn't want to voice my thoughts. Dean would only blame himself and I couldn't bare that. If I had had the time......I would have done the same. Anything to make sure Dean would live.

"Before he.. before-did he say anything to you? About anything?"Sam asked, breaking the silence and snapping me out of my thoughts. His voice was small and filled with emotion.

"No. Nothing."Dean whispered back, his voice just as broken as Sam's if not worse. He didn't look away from the fire even when I looked over at him. I knew he could feel my gaze but he refused to meet it, almost afraid that if he looked away, he'd break. Slowly, I walked over to stand between them, only Sam giving me a glance as I did. Taking my hands out of my jacket pockets, I reached out one hand and a choked sigh escaped Sam's mouth as he looked down at it. Removing his own hand from his jacket, he gripped onto mine tightly.

I looked up at Dean but he made no move to do the same so instead I rested my head on his shoulder, just wanting to give any comfort that I could. I was still hurt that he couldn't remember the words we'd shared but I didn't want to bring that up now. Now was not the time after John and if I was being honest, a big part of me believed he only told me those things to make me feel better. After all, he heard my confession first and maybe he felt bad or just wanted to give me something to give me comfort, thinking he was going to die. But I couldn't think of that now, both the brother's needed me. Dean lent his head on top of mine and I felt him bury his nose into my hair slightly, a few tears wetting my scalp. I didn't say anything or move, we just continued to say goodbye to a man we all loved.

~~~~~~~One week Later~~~~~~~~

After everything that's happened, we decided that we needed the comfort of home. The salvage yard was the only thing that the brother's ever really called home. Dad and I haven't spoken about anything since I got here though. Most days I stayed locked up in my room, only ever coming out for food or bathroom needs but that wasn't often as I had stopped eating as much. I could tell he wanted to though from all the fearful, concerned glances he's give me when we'd pass in the hallways.

But through all that, I knew we were okay. When we arrived, he burst through the door and gave me a hug, telling me how glad he was that I was okay. To say I was shocked is an understatement. I mean, I expected screaming, disappointment, disgust, maybe for him to not allow me in the house. I forgot that stupid saying he'd always tell me when I was younger, 'I'll always love you no matter what.' I guess that still applied. I was so grateful for the man I called father.