Something Wicked-Pretty eyes

Katherine P.O.V

Sam had left to get some food so we could go over the plan involving Michael. I still really didn't want to do this so I refused to even talk to him until we had a full-proof plan. I was sat at the table researching more about the shtriga while Dean was sat on the bed, cleaning his guns. We sat in complete silence, neither of us willing to speak to the other. I wanted to, just to be there for Dean, but the words wouldn't leave my mouth. I don't think any words of comfort wold be appreciated by Dean at this point. Suddenly, the sound of my phone ringing filled the air and I glanced down at it to see my Dad's name come up. I sighed deeply, running a hand down my face but declined the call.

"Was that Bobby again?"Dean called from across the room, his face showing relief to have a different topic to fill the tense atmosphere. I looked up at him, not answering. He sighed and stood up, moving over to sit in front of me. "What happened?"

"Nothing."I replied bluntly, looking back to the laptop screen, avoiding his stare.

"Bullshit."He spat and raised an eyebrow at me.

I sighed and shut the laptop, resting my head on my hand."Excuse me?"

"You heard me. That's bullshit. You and Bobby have a close relationship so something must have happened for you to not speak to him for months."He said, waiting for a response. When there was none, he rolled his eyes."Come on Kat. He's been calling me and Sammy constantly, just asking how you are. The least you could do is tell me what happened after I just poured my heart out to you about this case."He pleaded, his eyes sincere with concern.

"Dean-"I began, trying to come up with a lie.

"Nuh-uh. Spill."He ordered and I stared into his apple green eyes for a moment, biting my lip and debating whether or not to tell him. Finally, I came to a decision. It would be nice to finally get this weight off my shoulders.

I looked down and shook my head, leaning back in my seat."After everything that happened with those hillbilly's....It had me thinking that I never knew anything about my mom. I didn't wanna die without knowing anything about her so, um, I asked my dad."I paused, looking up at Dean to see him staring at me with curious eyes."He was reluctant to tell me at first but eventually he-he, um, told me what happened. How she died."I stopped, tears gathering in my eyes."God, I didn't even know her. It's so pathetic to cry over it."

"No it's not. She was still your mom, Kat....what happened?"He asked hesitantly.

"She was possessed."I answered bluntly, getting up to get a beer out a fridge. I heard him gasp behind me but kept my back turned."She, um, she tried to kill me. Something about a ritual. Dad killed her."

"Kat-"Dean started but I carried on, unleashing all my guilt.

"He stabbed her.....It was my fault. She died because of me."I whispered the last part, chocking back tears.

"How the hell is that your fault, Kat? You can't honestly think that you had any control over that demon. They possess who they want. You were a frickin baby for crying out loud!"He shouted, standing up and spinning me around.

"You don't understand."I whispered, wiping the tears away. I was not gonna cry over this. I didn't deserve to cry.

"Then make me."He growled."Why would you think this was your fault?"

"Dad said the demon possessed her specifically to kill me. It told him that it was doing him a favor. That there was darkness in me."I said through clenched teeth. Dean furrowed his eyebrows and placed his hand on my cheek.

"Darkness?"He asked and I shrugged him off, stepping back.

"I don't know. I don't know what any of it means."I yelled, throwing my beer bottle in anger. It hit the wall and smashed throwing glass and liquid to the floor. Nothing seemed to make sense anymore. The nightmares, the man with yellow eyes, the darkness. Dean stared at the place it hit for a moment until he looked back to me.