Route 666-Drinking

Katherine P.O.V

The next morning, the sun shining through the window woke me up. I sat up and groaned, my neck sore from sleeping on the couch. I looked around and saw that Dean was still sleeping but Sam was no where to be seen. I got up and went to the bathroom, showering and getting dressed in black skinny jeans, light brown combat boots, and an over-sized green flannel shirt, unbuttoned over a black t-shirt. Looking in the mirror, I saw my reflection looking back at me. Well, I didn't look like me. I looked worn out. I had bags under my eyes and I looked paler than usual. I guess the lack of sleep was finally catching up to me. Yellow eyes hadn't visited me since that night with Dean but that doesn't mean my nightmares have stopped.

"Kat! Sam!"Dean's voice called from the other side of the door. I guess he woke up and panicked when neither of us were there. I rolled my eyes and quickly put my hair into a high ponytail not bothering with makeup, I tend to dress to my mood and today I was gloomy. I was still angry at Dean. In fact, I was more angry now after I had all night to think about it and have it fester in my mind. I opened the door to the bathroom and walked straight into a wall. I growled and looked up into Dean's surprised face."Kat, where's Sam?"He asked. I ignored him and brushed pass him, making sure to hit my shoulder to his, and walked over to my bag, taking my phone out to text Sam. "Are you ignoring me?"Again, I didn't answer."What are you five?" I straightened and turned to him, glaring but sticking my tongue out. If he thought I was a child, I might as well act like one."Real mature, Katherine."He spat as he walked into the bathroom.

I rolled my eyes as a ping came from my phone. I flipped it open to see a message from Sam. 'Just got breakfast. I'm on my way back xx'."Sam's on his way back."I called out. I decided only to talk to him about Sam or the case. He wasn't gonna get any more from me. Less than twenty minutes later, Sam came through the door carrying coffee's."Heya, Sammy. Please tell me one of those are mine."I pleaded with a smile and he laughed, handing me a cup."Yasssss."

"Two sugars and milky. Just how you like it, pip squeak."He winked at me and set the rest on the table, taking off his jacket and throwing it on the bed.

"You are my savior, Samuel Winchester."I praised and took a large drink from the cup, sighing contently.

"I know."He agreed with a smirk. Dean came out the bathroom, dressed and towel drying his hair. The smile I had on my face disappeared and Sam looked at me confused before turning back to Dean."Coffee, Dean?"

"Uh, yeah."He gratefully took the cup from the table."Thanks." His phone rang then and he snapped it open, his face turning concerned as the voice on the other end spoke. Sam and I stayed silent, trying to hear but only getting one side of the conversation."Another one?.....Okay......We''ll be there soon, Cassie."He ended the call and rushed around the room, grabbing his keys and jacket. I internally sighed. Great, more Cassie. This is gonna be fun."There's been another victim. Cassie's there. Let's go."I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, walking out the door at my own pace despite Dean's urgency. He glared at my slow pace so I just smiled innocently. I knew exactly what I was doing and I can see it was winding him up."Alright! Let's get a move on, slow ass!"He yelled and I chuckled, getting into the backseat of the Impala.

~~~~~

We arrived at the crime scene to see emergency vehicles parked everywhere on the empty field, a smashed up car being inspected by some officers was to the side but center of it. Cassie was talking to the white man from the office and again, she didn't look happy to be in his presence. As we approached, we caught half the conversation.

"Close the main road. The only road in and out of town? Accidents do happen Cassie, and that's what they are. Accidents."He told her and Sam, Dean and I came to stand behind her.