The Benders-Purdy

Katherine P.O.V

Dean, Sam and I were in the living room of the family who saw the victim's disappearance. They were dressed as Sheriffs while I was a grief counselor; a simple pencil skirt and shirt. The poor mother and son had been through enough so I thought this would make them more comfortable.

"I know you're just doing your job, but the police have been here all week already. I don't see why we have to go through this again. The more he tells the story, the more he believes it's true."Mrs. Mckay told us as she placed a hand on her son's shoulder.

Sam and Dean took off their hats as a sign of respect."Mrs. Mckay, we know you spoke with the local authorities."Sam said softly.

"But, uh, this seems like a matter for the state police, so..."Dean trailed off hoping the mother wouldn't shut off and kick us out.

"Don't worry about how crazy it sounds, Evan. You just tell us what you saw."I told him, bending down slightly to look him in the eyes.

"I was up late, watching TV. When I heard this weird noise."He listed off the events as if he had said them many times before.

"What did it sound like, sweetie?"I asked gently, furrowing my eyebrows.

"It sounded like....a monster."Evan whispered. The three of us exchanged nervous glances.

"Tell the officers and lady what you were watching on TV."Mrs. Mckay said sternly as if it would explain the whole story.

"Um, Godzilla Vs. Mothra."Evan said sheepishly. I smiled wide and saw Dean do the same. That was our go to film when either of us were ill.

"That's our favorite Godzilla movie."Dean exclaimed excitedly, pointing towards me."It's so much better than the original, huh?"

"Totally."Evan agreed, nodding his head.

"Yeah."I nodded my head in Sam's direction, a look of mock disgust on my face."He likes the remake."

"Yuck!"He scrunched up his nose. I shook my head in disappointment and heard Sam clear his throat.

He shot a glare at his brother and I before going back to the original topic."Evan, did you see what this thing was?"

"No. But I saw it grab Mr. Jenkins. It pulled him underneath the car."The little boy muttered in a scared voice.

"Then what?"Sam pressed gently.

"It took him away. I heard the monster leaving. It made this really scary sound."

"What did it sound like, Evan?"I questioned, placing my hands on my knees to look him in the eyes reassuringly.

He looked away for a second seeming to think."Like this...whining growl."He explained and again the three of us exchanged a glance.

"Thanks for your time."Sam thanked before we left.

~~~~~~

We decided to go to a bar after changing and grabbing Sam's laptop. Currently, Sam and I were sat at the table with beers, Sam on his laptop doing research while Dean stood nearby throwing darts.

"So, local police have now ruled out foul play. Apparently, there were signs of a struggle."Sam read off the article he had collected.

"Well, they could be right, it could just be a kidnapping. Maybe this isn't our kind of gig."I reasoned, taking a sip of my beer. I heard Dean mutter out an agreement.

"Yeah, maybe not. Except for this-Dad marked the area, guys."Sam told us and I straightened up while Dean came over to the table to look at his fathers journal. He took my bottle from the table, winking at me while he did so. He had his own why was he taking mine? "Possible hunting grounds of a phantom attacker."Sam continued catching mine and Dean's attention.