Salvation-Meg said hello

Dean's P.O.V

The walls were covered in different documents. Information ranging from weather charts, book print outs, and written notes. Dad had everything and it all related to the demon we were hunting. Dad sat at the table, the Colt laying on pieces of paper that were strewn across various papers on the wooden surface. Sam lent against the counter while Kat laid curled up under the covers of the bed. After her freak out, she remained silent, her eyes staring blankly at the wall. Everything inside me wanted to help her but I didn't know how. I didn't even know what was wrong.

"So this is it. This is everything I know. Look, our whole lives we been searching for this demon right? Not a trace, just...nothing. Until about a year ago. For the first time I picked up a trail."Dad stated.

"And that's when you took off."I added, starting to pace the room.

"Yeah. That's right."John started, nodding."The demon must have come out of hiding, or hibernation."

"Alright so what's this trail you found?"I asked, moving from behind him to stand before him.

"It starts in Arizona, then New Jersey, California. Houses burned down to the ground. It's going after families, just like it went after us."Dad explained. He was only looking at Sam and I, excluding Kat. I didn't think he wanted to push her out of this, knowing she was just as much family as me and Sam were and that she would help in any way she could. But after what happened, I don't think she's in the right frame of mind to help. Concern for her was radiating off all of us, none of us could quite keep our eyes off her, watching her shake slightly and her eyes withhold any emotion.

"Families with infants?"Sam questioned, speaking up for the first time.

"Yeah."Dad nodded, looking up to Sam."The night of the kid's six-month birthday."

Sam's face showed surprise and his eyes flickered to me before looking back to Dad."I was six months old that night?"

"Exactly six months."Dad confirmed.

"So basically, this demon is going after these kids for some reason."Sam stated, an angry smirk falling on his face. He shifted his weight on the counter."The same way it came for me? So Mom's death...Jessica. It's all because of me?"

I sighed and looked to him."We don't know that Sam."

"Oh really? Cause I'd say we're pretty damn sure Dean."Sam said, raising his voice and stepping forward from the counter.

I grew frustrated, hating that he blamed this all on himself. I didn't want him to have the same guilt I carried on my shoulders."For the last time, what happened to them was not your fault. "

"Right. It's not my fault but it's my problem."Sam yelled.

"No it's not your problem it's our problem!"I shouted back

"Okay."Dad snapped, standing from his chair."That's enough."

Sam and I shared another look before taking a breath to calm down. Sam turned round, shuffling back to the counter and running a hand through his hair."So why's he doing it. What does he want?"

"Look I wish I had more answers, I do. I've always been one step behind it. Look, I've never gotten there in time to save...."Dad started but trailed off, looking down with a frown.

"Alright so how do we find it..before it hits again."I asked, leaning onto the table.

"There's signs. It took me a while to see the pattern but it's there in the days before these fires signs crop up in an area. Cattle deaths, temperature fluctuations, electrical storms."He stopped. I straightened, my face falling in realization."And then I went back and checked...and..."

"These things happened in Lawrence."I stated rather than asking, already knowing the answer from the look on his face.

"A week before your mother died."Dad nodded. He paused before switching his gaze towards Sam."And in Palo Alto...before Jessica."Sam's jaw clenched and he looked down sadly. Dad's eyes shifted to Kat ever so slightly and he lent forward, his voice lowering. "These patterns....they seem to....follow Kat."

"What do you mean?"I questioned, my eyebrows furrowing.

"They aren't as major as others, if you weren't searching real hard I doubt you'll even notice."Dad began, shaking his head. He was whispering so she couldn't hear."But sometimes, these signs show up where she is. They've happened at Sioux Falls, Chicago, in Lawrence. All when she was there. Like I said, could just be coincidences but.......this feels different."

"But that would mean..."Sam trailed off, not really knowing what it meant.

"That this thing was following her."I finished, my fists clenching. A pause filled the air, all our eyes on Kat.

Dad sighed, turning back to us."One other thing, these signs, they're starting again."

Everyone tensed. Sam's jaw clenched and his eyes hardened."Where."

"Salvation Iowa."Dad told us.

I nodded my head."Then what are we waiting for?"

"Nothing. Pack up and let's go."Sam shrugged, moving quickly to begin shoving his remaining items in the bag. Seeming as we had already started to pack a few hours ago, it wasn't much. Dad nodded, picking up the papers from the table and grabbing a few other supplies before moving to the door.

"Be ready in ten."He ordered, shutting the door. My gaze shifted to Kat who still led on the bed, showing no sign she had heard any of the conversation. I placed my clothes into the duffel bag and zipped it up, passing it to Sam as he started to leave. He gave me a confused look so I motioned to Kat. He nodded in understanding and walked out. I quickly packed her bag, throwing it in front of the door.

Slowly, I made my way over to her, crouching at the side of the bed."Kat?"I asked gently, my hands resting on her arm. At first, there was no response, not even a flicker in her eyes to show she heard me. But eventually, her dead stare shifted to me. "Did you hear what we said?"She nodded slightly. "Okay, are you good to walk?"She didn't answer and instead sat up , running her hand through her hair. She closed her eyes tightly before jumping from the bed and walking towards the door. "Woah, hey, Kat. I mean, are you okay?"I called, stopping her in her tracks. She moved her head and I sighed, frustrated."Don't just nod at me. Actually talk to me."

She looked away, bending down to grab her bag and flung it over her shoulder. A deep frown settled on her lips, her eyes filling with what looked like fear. She opened her mouth as if to say something but quickly shut it. She sighed, closing her eyes and when she opened them, they were void of any emotion again. "I'm fine, Dean."

With that, she turned and walked out the door to the Impala.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katherine's P.O.V

I sat in the backseat, my head leaning against the window and my hands stuffed into the jumpers pockets. The Impala sped along the misty road, following John's truck as he lead us to where we needed to be. Other than the few words I muttered to Dean a few hours ago, I hadn't spoken a word. My mind kept replaying everything. What happened with that vampire, why was I delusional? Was I going crazy? Too many questions with no answers.

Although they didn't think I was listening to them earlier, I heard every word. I knew about the signs and how John saw them following me. They didn't know what that meant but I had pieced it together in my head. It was the man with yellow eyes. The man who has tormented me since I could walk. What if they started to figure it out? What if they found out I was keeping this from them my entire life? Somewhere in my head, a voice was telling me it wouldn't be that bad and that they could help. That they wouldn't be as mad as I thought. But the louder voice was yelling that I had to lie, that if I told them, something bad would happen.

Suddenly, the car swerved to the side of the road, halting. I looked up just as the front doors slammed closed, Dean and Sam walking towards the front where John's truck was also parked. I quickly scrambled out, jogging to stand beside them.

"God damn it!"John hissed as he slammed the door closed. Sam walked back a bit, leaning on the roof of the car.

"What is it?"Dean asked, throwing his arms out in question.

"Son of a bitch."John muttered, his fist smashing into the back of his truck.

"What is it!"Dean persisted.

"I just got a call from Caleb."John said.

"Is he okay?"I asked, concerned. A surprised look crossed all their faces for a moment as it had been nearly five hours since I had last spoken. I shrugged, focusing my attention back on John. I needed to stop moping around, after all, we had things to do, people to save.

"He's fine."John said, having recovered. His face fell slightly as he muttered the next part."Jim Murphy's dead."

"Pastor Jim?"Sam exclaimed, shocked. John nodded regretfully. I remembered Jim from being one of my Dad's friends. He helped us out a few times and I knew that he helped John and the boys out too."How?"

"His throat was slashed. He bled out."John explained, sadness in his tone. Everyone sighed deeply, feeling a bit of grief."Caleb said they found traces of sulfur at Jim's place."

"A demon."Dean stated and John nodded."The Demon?"He asked, his eyes widening.

"I don't know. Could be he just got careless, he slipped up."John suggested."Maybe the demon knows we're getting close."

"What do you wanna do?"Dean asked.

"Now we act like every second counts. There's two hospitals and a health center in this county. We split up, cover more ground. I want records. I want a list of every infant that's going to be six months old in the next week."John barked out the order.

"Dad that could be dozens of kids. How do we know which one's the right one?"Sam questioned.

"We check em all that's how."John snapped. Sam still seemed unsure."You got any better ideas?"

Sam paused, shifting his weight on his feet before he sighed."No sir."

John and Dean shared a look before they both started heading back to their cars. I walked to the back door, turning to see John still stood by the side.

"John?"I called gently. He turned and for the first time, I saw John brake a bit. His usual tough guy exterior seemed to have abandoned him. It was the first time he looked like an ordinary man.

"Yeah. It's Jim. You know, I can't...."He choked out, looking away from us. He took a breath and his face hardened."This ends, now. I'm ending it. I don't care what it takes."John hopped into his truck, starting the engine. We shared a look over the roof before climbing in. The truck pulled away, an indication for the Impala to follow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ended up going with Sam, not really wanting to be alone with Dean, knowing her would push for answers. We were at the Salvation medical center, sat at a table and jotting down every name of a child turning six months old in the next week. Sam didn't once ask me about what had happened and only occasionally asked about what I had found. I was extremely thankful for that.

"Here you go officers."A nurse announced as she placed another pile of files in front of us. I looked up from the table and smiled warmly at her.

"Thank you."I said and slid the top folder off, dragging it towards me. It continued like that for a while, flipping through the files to find names and writing them down, silence filling the air. Eventually, we left. Sam walked slightly in front of me, looking through the notebook in his hands. Suddenly, his steps faltered and he clutched at his forehead in pain. He fell back slightly and I rushed forward, supporting his weight. "Hey, take it easy."

His eyes remained unfocused as his breathing quickened. People walking by sent concerned looks but I waved them off, rubbing my hands down his back. His arm shot out, gripping tightly onto my upper arm as if to reassure himself of my presence. Slowly, he opened his eyes, his hold on me loosening. "Train."He muttered.

I watched confused as he pulled a map out of his bag and searched it."Sam?"

"I think I know where we need to be."He announced, looking to me with wide eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He led me to a park, checking the map again. My little legs had to jog to keep up with him. Sam looked to the house across the street before clutching his head again. Whimpers escaped his throat as his face scrunched up in pain."What is it?"I asked. I had gathered that he was having visions but he had yet to tell me what they were about.

"That's the house."He told me just as a woman rounded the corner, pushing a stroller and holding an umbrella. "Come on."He muttered, jogging across the street to the woman. I sighed before following.

"Hi."Sam greeted as she struggled with putting her umbrella away while holding onto the stroller. Sam's hand shot out to hold onto the handle, a gentle smile on his face."Here, let me hold that for you. You look like you don't need that anymore."

"Oh. Thanks."The woman replied, returning his smile as she closed the umbrella. She had  long chocolate hair with warm brown eyes that flickered to me slightly when I came to stand beside Sam.

Sam's looked inside the pram to the little baby wearing a pink hat."She's gorgeous. Is she yours?"

"Yeah."The woman answered proudly.

"Oh wow, hi!"I cooed to the baby, smiling widely. I turned my attention back to the mother and shook my head with a chuckle when she started to push the stroller away. "Oh sorry, I'm rude. I'm Kat and this is my friend, Sam. We just moved in up the block."

She smiled, shaking my outstretched hand."Hi. I'm Monica. This is Rosie."

"Rosie?"Sam confirmed before smiling at the baby."Hi Rosie."

"So, welcome to the neighborhood."Monica said.

"Thanks. She's such a good baby!"I said, surprised that she hadn't cried or reacted to me and Sam in any way.

"I know, I mean she...she never cries. She just stares at everybody. Sometimes she looks at you and I swear it's...it's like she's reading your mind."Monica said, chuckling at the absurdity of her words.

"What about you Monica? Have you lived here long?"I asked.

"My husband and I, we bought our place just before Rosie was born."She told us, gesturing to the house next to us.

"And how old's Rosie?"Sam questioned, looking down to her.

"She's six months today."She admitted. Sam's face fell and his mood soured but she seemed completely oblivious, taking it more as shock."She's big right? Growing like a weed."

"Yeah."Sam huffed out, distracted. She looked at him confused as he paused, looking to Rosie."Monica..."

"Yeah?"She asked, kind of confused.

"Just ahhh,just take care of yourself okay?"Sam told her as he forced a smile on his face. It was clear to me that he wanted to say something else but held his tongue.

"Yeah, you too. We'll see you around."Monica smiled, nodding a goodbye to me too. She pushed the stroller away and onto the driveway of the house just as a station wagon pulled in."There's Daddy!"She exclaimed to her child in a cheerful tone.

We watched from the sidewalk when Sam was hit with another vision. He gasped, clutching onto his head as I gripped onto his wrists, rubbing comforting circles into his skin. After a moment, his face relaxed but twisted into sadness.

"What happened?"I asked quietly, dreading the answer.

"It's them."He answered regretfully then his face hardened."He's coming tonight."

I tensed, my eyes widening as I looked back to Monica and her family. They seemed so happy, none of them knowing the horror that was about to happen. "We need to tell John and Dean."

"Dad doesn't know about the visions."Sam muttered and I smirked.

"Well he's about to find out."I rolled my eyes and started to walk away, dragging him with me. He opened his mouth but I cut him off, knowing what he was going to say. "Yes, he'll be angry. It's John we're talking about. And no he won't do anything cause I'll kick his ass."Sam couldn't help but laugh as I led him down the road, groaning under my breath as I realized we had to walk all the way because Dean had the damn car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam sat at the table in the motel room, rubbing his temples with one hand resting on the table by his elbow. I sat opposite him, my hand reached across to draw comforting patterns on his other hand. Dean and John sat on the end of each bed, their attention on Sam.

"A vision."John said flatly. We had told Dean and John everything but John still seemed in denial about the whole vision thing.

"Yes. I saw the demon burning a woman on the ceiling."Sam answered, his words slow and painful.

"And you think this is going to happen to this woman you met because..."John asked, trailing off.

"Because these things happen exactly the way I see them."Sam told him, removing his hand from my grasp and turning in his chair slightly to face them.

"It started out as nightmares. Then it started happening while he was awake."I spoke up. Dean rose from the bed and crossed the room to the counter behind Sam to retrieve more coffee.

"Yeah. It's like the closer I get to anything to do with the demon the stronger the visions get."Sam explained, wincing.

"Alright. When were you going to tell me about this?"John asked. It sounded like it was a general question for all of us but his gaze was pointed at Dean.

"We didn't know what it meant."Dean replied, keeping his voice low.

"Alright, something like this starts happening to your brother, you pick up the phone and you call me."John snapped. I looked at with raised eyebrows, shocked at his audacity. Dean seemed just as angry as he dumped his cup in the sink and walked towards John.

"Call you?"Dean asked before scoffing. His voice started to raise."Are you kidding me? Dad I called you from Lawrence alright? I called you when Kat was dying. I mean, getting you on the phone? I got a better chance of winning the lottery."

"You're right. Although I'm not too crazy about this new tone of yours, you're right. I'm sorry."John told him after a second, shocking me. He was never one to admit regret or guilt. He was way too stubborn for that. Dean looked taken aback as well and we shared a surprised look.

"Look guys, visions or no visions, fact is, we know the demon is coming tonight. And this family's gonna go through the same hell we went through."Sam pointed out. Dean walked back to the counter while I stood up to make myself some coffee.

"No they're not. No one is, ever again."John said sternly, his eyes showing determination. Sam's phone rang, interrupting our train of thought.

"Hello?"Sam greeted as he put the phone to his ear. His eyebrows knitted in confusion when the other person answered."Who is this?"Then his face fell and his eyes widened in recognition."Meg."He hissed coldly. I straightened and spun round, forgetting about my drink. John and Dean also turned their full attention onto Sam."Last time I saw you you fell out of a window."He reminded her. A sarcastic smirk fell on his face at her response."Just your feelings? That was a seven-story drop."He snapped. Meg said something else and his eyes flickered over to John"My Dad. I don't know where my Dad is."Sam lied. She replied with something else and hesitantly, Sam held the phone out to John.

"This is John."He said once he grabbed the phone. He turned his back to us as he took a few steps away. A long paused filled the air as he listened. It was irritating me that I didn't know what was going on but I took notice when his shoulders tensed."I'm here."He growled."Caleb?"He asked, slight panic and fear in his voice. Sam and Dean instantly reacted to the name, their spines straightening to show their alarm. I vaguely recalled the name from somewhere but couldn't put a face to it. That didn't mean that my senses didn't fill with alert straight away though causing me to lean forward in my chair."You listen to me. He's got nothing to do with anything. You let him go."John growled. I heard him swallow after a pause."I don't know what you're talking about."Caleb. Caleb!"He called out, rage and panic in his tone. Slowly, he turned back round to face us and his expression was one of pure rage."I'm gonna kill you, you know that?"He walked towards us, standing directly before the table. Meg's muffled voice spoke through the phone but I couldn't hear what she was saying."Okay."John snapped after a second, clearly provoked into the answer."I said okay, I'll bring you the colt."He repeated, hanging his head.

I gasped and saw both Sam and Dean shift in shock."What?"I hissed to Dean but he kept his focus on his dad.

"It's gonna take me about a days drive to get there."John told her, glancing at us quickly."That's impossible. I can't get there in time and I can't just carry a gun on the plane."He snapped but his face hardened. I picked up a word from the phone call and my eyebrow raised in question. My name. John's eyes flickered to me, his expression concerned. He hung up and stared at me for a moment making everyone confused.

"What?"I finally asked, throwing my arms out.

He shook his head slightly and opened his mouth before shutting it again. He seemed hesitant to tell me."She said to tell you hello and that she can't wait till she sees you again."

"Why would she say that?"I questioned, looking to Sam and Dean as if they had the answer. From both their confused expressions, I gathered they didn't.

"Do you know her?"Sam inquired, shrugging. I searched my memory but recalled nothing.

"No. I don't remember her and she didn't seem familiar."I replied. Suddenly, my mind flashed back to that night in the bar and all I could see was Meg stood in front of Sam, a black haze surrounding her. At the time, I thought nothing of it and put it down to my imagination but the fact that she survived the fall and her involvement with the demon made it seem more real."Well, I can't tell you why she said that but I can tell you what she is."I announced, realizing what it could mean. I didn't really know how I knew but something inside of me was telling me the answer.

"And what is that?"John asked.

"A demon."I answered, the words spilling out of my mouth without thought. I knew they would ask how I knew that and that would mean telling them about what I thought I saw. That would mean I had to reveal a secret and I had a bad feeling that soon, all my secrets would come to light.

"And why do you think that?"Dean questioned, crossing his arms over his chest and furrowing his eyebrows.

I took a deep breath, looking away from their faces."Because I saw it."