31

"C I'm going to the grocery store!" Jay called to his boyfriend, Carlos. "Okay babe!" Carlos said from the couch.

Jay walked out of their one story apartment to their car. He got unlocked the car and got in. It was a ford fusion hybrid. He started up the car then was on his way to the grocery store.

When he arrived, Jay got a shopping cart. He walked inside the grocery store bolting to the produce section.

He got some bananas, strawberries, oranges, apples, just a bunch of healthy stuff. He then ruined his healthy look to strangers by going to the candy isle. There were so many choices to choose from. He got a buttload of junk food. Cookies, cake, chips, both hit and original, ice cream, just anything you could ever want as a kid times two. Once he got everything he headed to the check out. He waited in line, humming to the faint music playing. Once it was his turn, he started putting his groceries on the conveyor belt. "Hi, how are you?" The cashier asked as she bagged the items. "I'm good and you?" Jay replied politely.

"Just fine." She replied. Jay got out his wallet, fishing for his credit card. "Your total is $27.59" She said. Jay smiled and swiped his card. He followed the instructions then pressed finish. "Thank you have a good day." The cashier said. "Thanks you too!" Jay replied, hurrying to get all of his bags into the basket before the person behind him groceries gets mixed up with his own. Once he finished, he went out to his car.

He grabbed one to many bags trying to hurry along home. "Do you need any help sir?" A voice behind him asked. "Oh yes please!" Jay said laughing at himself. He set down the bags and let the stranger grab half. He unlocked the door, opening the back. "You can just put them there." He said going to grab some more groceries. "Thank you so much." He thanked the kind stranger.

"You're welcome Jay." The man said. Jay looked at him like he was crazy. "How do you know my name?" He asked. "You don't remember me? I'm hurt! Maybe you do now?" He asked putting on some glasses and a piece of wirey metal to his toothy smile.

"Oh my goodness gracionious! Al it's you! Why you look so different! No more glasses or braces nothing! Now I know why people say you should be nice to people in High school." Jay rambled with a laugh at the end. "How you been?" He asked. "I have been quite wonderful thank you for asking Jay. How are you? It's been forever!" Al asked. "I've been good and I know right? It's crazy!" Jay responded with a huge grin. "We sound like a couple of teenage girls!" Al said then he and Jay bust out laughing together.

"Cmon let's go back to mine, put these groceries up, then go somewhere to catch up?" Jay suggested. "That sounds like a great idea. You always seemed to have them." Al said making Jay laugh. "Cmon." Jay said shaking his head as he headed to the car.

_At The House_

Jay and Al both got half of the groceries so they wouldn't have to make a second trip. Jay unlocked the door and let Al in. He closed the door and relocked it. He saw Carlos was no where to be found in the living room. He shrugged and put the groceries in the kitchen. "Welcome to me casa." He said smiling. "It's nice." Al complimented.

"Wait here." Jay said smiling. He walked down the main hall and to his and Carlos' room. His suspicions were correct. Carlos was laying sound asleep on the bed. He got a piece of paper and a pen.

Goin out with a friend see you late xx - Jay

Jay smiled as he put two hearts at the end of the note. "Sweetdreams baby." He whispered kissing Carlos' forehead. He quietly walked out of the room and back to Al. "Let's go." He said with a smile.

_At a Starbucks_

"...Ahaha! You really did that? Woah that's crazy!" Jay said not being able to contain his laughter. Al told him a story from his travels. "Yeah! That chameleon and horse were not happy." Al stated. "Tell me more." Jay said absolutely fascinated. "I was surfing in Australia right? I was totally ripping when out of no where some douche pushed me off my board! We were in shark infested water like dumbasses. And this shark came barreling at me. I was already occupied with trying to get to my board. I had no clue what to do when, thank god, a rescue boat came. The shark almost had me! It's teeth scraped my side. That's how I got this scar right here." Al said lifting the right side of his shirt to show off the 4 long scars inbetween each rib. "Woah.." Jay said marveling at the scars. "I have scars, burn marks, you name it all over my body." Al explained. "But enough about me. Tell me about you? Anything happen recently?" He asked.