33

Carlos was watching a DashieGames video. He had his headphones in as he laid in bed enjoying his alone time. He felt another presence. He looked up and saw no one. He smiled as he looked back at his phone screen. He then looked up once more and saw him.

Jay.

He stood in the middle of Carlos' room looking out the window. He had a distant look on his face. Carlos sighed lightly. Jay was.. Different. He loved different. He loved Jay. It was a tragic love.

Jay has been double crossed, betrayed, and judged for as long as he could remember. He trusted no one but himself. And Carlos of course. He was a loner in this big world. While Carlos was the total opposite. He had tons of friends and was very social.

Carols tried very hard to get Jay to open up but it never worked. He didn't want to meet new people in fear of getting hurt again. He was insecure. It reminded Carlos of a fight they had once.

_Flashback_

"Why don't you want to go out Jay? Huh? I can't always be there for you. I want you to be happy." Carlos exclaimed pulling at his hair. For the bajillionth time Jay has turned him down for a hang out with Carlos' friends.

"I'm happy alone. And with you. I need no one else." Jay said crossing his arms with an annoyed look on his face. "Jay," Carlos whispered in a cracking voice. "I hate that you're like this. Not everyone is as you think. I wasn't how you thought." He said as he broke down crying.

Jay sighed as he pulled Carlos in for a much needed hug. "Please don't cry." He said rubbing his back. "I can't help it. You drive me crazy." Carlos said hugging back so hard he could crush Jay's bones in an instant.

"I can't help the way I am. After I lost her.. I couldn't function. She was the only one I could call my friend. The only true friend I had." Jay said tightening his grip on Carlos. "I... I can't stand the thought of getting that close and losing you." He said starting to cry. "You won't lose me. You'll never lose me." Carlos said loosening is grip as he enjoyed Jay's warmth.

"Promise to never leave. I love you so much." Jay whispered as he cupped Carlos' face. He felt so vulnerable. Like an open book. Carlos smiled sadly at his lover. "I promise." He stated holding Jay's hand.

The two stayed in each others arms just enjoying their company.

_Flashback Over_

"Jay." Carlos said pausing his video. He got out of bed adjusting his long shirt that went to his knees. He walked over to the boy.

He smiled a little when he looked at his side profile. The room was dark except from the moonlight that illuminated the room. It was wonderful to see Jay's face lit up in such a beautiful way.

"Are you thinking of her?" Carlos asked quietly as he touched Jay's crossed arm. Jay shook his head. "I'm thinking of us. Of you." He stated not glancing at the boy once. Carlos' face dropped.

"Really?" He asked with a hint of fear. What if Jay was going to end it between them? He wouldn't know how to function without him. He loved him. Jay loved him. What could he possibly think about?

"I've realized that my actions have been making our relationship a toxic one." He continued. "What? You haven't been making anything toxic." Carlos said confused. "Yes I have. My introverted attitude has been bringing you down. You having to ditch your friends to be with me isn't the definition of a good relationship." Jay said sighing. "But it doesn't mean it's a toxic one. I don't mind rescheduling to be with the one I love." Carlos said furrowing his eyebrows in confusion and fear.

"So I've decided that there should be a change." Jay concluded. Carlos' heart dropped. "No, no, no Jay please don't leave me. I need you more than you think!" He said frantically as he clung to Jay.