37

Jay laid in bed. He had his headphones in and YouTube videos playing. He had been terribly sick for a while now. He tried to mask it as best he could. He was succeeding so far.

"Hey Jay guess what?" Carlos asked walking into the bedroom. "What?" Jay ask looking away from his phone. " Evie invited us to a cookout tomorrow!" Carlos exclaimed happily. Jay laughed. Of course Carlos would be excited about food.

"That's great. I should start cooking." Jay said starting to get out of bed. He stretched as he walked to the kitchen. "Oh wow really? Oh Jay can you please make your famous everything?!" Carlos asked following Jay into the kitchen. "Of course." Jay say as he washed his hands.

"I have the best husband in the world!" Carlos exclaimed as he did a happy dance. Jay laughed.

Jay spent all night making delicious, mouth watering food. Of course it would take a whole 12 hours to prepare food for a bunch of people. Jay was all tuckered out. The lack of sleep really didn't help his emotional state. Especially his physical state with him being all sick.

He smiled at his masterpieces. "Carlos I swear if he touches one smidget of food I will end him." He muttered as he put half food in the refrigerator to stay well until it was time to go. And the other half under the low heat rack so it didn't get burnt or cold over night. Or however long he was asleep.

Jay then groaned as he trudged back to his and Carlos' bedroom. He didn't even think to get under the covers. He just faceplanted into the bed and passed out.

"Jay wake up wake up!" Carlos exclaimed waking Jay up. He groaned as he turned his head to face Carlos. "What?" He asked. "We have to get ready!" Carlos exclaimed. "Cmon get up!" He said going to wake up CJ and Jason, their two wonderful children.

Jay's eyes were watering. Goddamn his sickness. He started to sneeze and cough uncontrollably. Today of all days he had to be super sick! "Oh no." He mumbled as he forced himself out of bed.

"Daddy, Daddy!" Jason, their youngest son at age 7, shouted as he ran into the room and tackled Jay. "Good morning to you too!" Jay said smiling happily.

"Achoo!" He sneezed then sniffed. "Bless you daddy." Jason said making Jay smile more. His beautiful mixed children in all of their light skin glory.

"Go and get ready and CARLOS IF YOU TOUCH ONE THING IN THAT KITCHEN I WILL DESTROY YOU." He shouted. "Awh man!" Carlos shouted making the kids laugh. They went to go get ready.

Jay smiled to himself. He wondered what he should wear. It was a cookout so something casual would do the trick! Jay decided on a nice red tank top and baggy blue jeans. He put on some black high tops. He put his hair up in a bun.

He looked at himself in the mirror. He groaned. He had bloodshot eyes. He decided to easily cover it up with the sun glasses that he got CJ. He started coughing.

"Hey Jay are you okay?" Carlos asked coming into their bedroom. "Of course!" Jay said smiling. "Great! We should be on our way." Carlos said checking his wrist like he had a watch. Jay looked at him. The two started laughing.

"I'm glad I married my goofy best friend." Jay said as he hugged Carlos. Carlos hugged back. The two then kissed.

"Hey da- awh gross!" CJ exclaimed shielding his eyes. "Eww!" Jason exclaimed as he and CJ went back to their room. Jay and Carlos laughed. He went to their room. "What did you want?" He asked with a kind smile. "I'm stuck!" Jason said as he had one hand in his shirt and the other arm was bent. His head wouldn't fit in the shirt.

"Okay this is a thing.. Okay Jason you gotta cooperate." Jay said as he tried to pull the shirt off. "CJ did you pick out this shirt?" He asked making CJ nervous. "No! Well maybe.. Okay yes!" CJ exclaimed. "Carlos get your ass in here now!" Jay exclaimed. "CJ when I get this off of Jason we will go to that cookout but believe me when I say that I will beat that ass when we get back. You might be 19 but I am still your father." Jay exclaimed as he and Carlos attempted to get the shirt off of Jason. Not budging. Jason started crying.