1.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V

"Babuji!" I try to get my father's attention.

"What is it, Priya?" Babuji asks trying every dish that was made today, making sure every single one was perfect.

"You have to stop worrying so much. You know this is not good for your heart!" I scold him.

"I know, I know. But today is a very important day for me," Babuji says as he cups my face with one of his hands and gives me a kiss on my forehead. He was acting weird. I look up to him questioning why he is becoming so affectionate towards me. He rarely ever becomes this emotional.

"Is everything fine, Babuji?" I ask him.

"Yes, I'm just excited to meet my best friend! I haven't seen him in years!" Babu ji dismisses but I don't completely believe what he has to say. I feel like he is hiding something from me. Regardless, I let it go for now.

"Aishu!" I call my little sister.

Aishwarya Sharma. Also, known as Aishu is my younger sister. She is one of my closest friends in life. I know I could always rely on her even though she is just 20 years old. We never hide any secrets from each other.

"Yes, Didi," Aishu yells from her room.

"Can you please help me set the table?" I ask. She was always on her phone 24/7 like all teenagers. But I couldn't really blame her, I was the exact same way when I was her age. "The guests are going to be here soon."

"Coming," she calls out.

Ding! Dong!

"Aishu!" I yell again in annoyance as I head towards the door to invite the guests in.

I open the door to see a middle-aged couple, a younger couple, and a young girl. This must be Mahesh Uncle and his wife.

"Hello, Auntyji! Hello, Uncleji!" I respectfully greet them.

"Hello beta," they warmly greet me back.

"Hi, please come in," I tell them while I open the door wider and let all of them in.

"Mahesh, it's been so long! Come in and sit down. How are you? How's everyone?" Babuji asks, enthusiastically.

"I'm fine, everyone's fine. And I'm mad at you! How come you didn't even show up at the college reunion last year?" Mahesh Uncle interrogates.

"I'm sorry but I couldn't miss work. Anyway, introduce me to your family members," Babuji explains to his best friend.

"You know my wife, Pooja. This is my eldest son, Rohan and his wife, Boomi. This is my daughter, Anandi," Mahesh Uncle introduces his family members.

"Rohan you were so small when I last saw you! Bhabhiji, how are you?" Babuji asks.

"I'm fine," Aunty answers.