10.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Rahul again when he doesn't answer. I gave him the divorce, everything that he wanted. "Did anyone see you?"

"Your whole family did," Rahul admits.

I close my eyes in frustration. "Didn't I tell you to not come here?" I open my eyes up again to look at Rahul. "This is just going to be harder when I have to break the news to Aishu and Babuji."

"Why'd you leave Goa like that?" Rahul questions and I tense up. I didn't want him to find out that I love him.

"I don't know what you are talking about." I look away from him.

"You left in a hurry. You hand me the divorce papers and just leave, without any explanation."

"I told you. It's Aishu's wedding so I needed to be here," I explain.

"Oh, don't give me that bullshit," Rahul scoffs.

"Why are you here? I gave you what you wanted, Rahul," I ask him, putting him under the spotlight now.

"I don't want a divorce anymore, Priya," Rahul blurts out.

"What?" I ask, confused. Didn't he love Aisha? Didn't he want to spend the rest of his life with her?

"Aisha and I broke up," Rahul explains. "So, I wanted to give our relationship a chance."

Anger soars through me. He wanted to give our relationship a chance when it was almost over.

"You want to give our relationship a chance? Don't you think you're a bit too late for that?" I ask, sarcastically.

"I know-," Rahul starts but I interrupt him.

"No!" I yell but then I lower my voice when I remember I have guests just downstairs. "No, you don't know. Do you think I wanted to get a divorce, Rahul? No, I didn't. I was forced into this relationship as much as you were. But, I wanted to make the best out of the situation. I wanted to give our relationship a chance but you never did. You didn't even think to give me a chance."

"I'm sorry," Rahul breathes out. "I'm sorry for everything. Especially, for the way I treated you. I took you for granted and I promise I will never, ever do that again."

"Rahul..." I sigh in frustration.

"Please." Rahul steps forward and takes my hands into his. "Can't you give me another chance?"

My gaze focuses on my hands on his. "Please," Rahul begs again as I look up to him.

I want to give him another chance, I really do. But, he hurt me. How were we going to come out of this together? It's going to be too hard and too much effort for me to focus on right now.

I shake my head in denial as I take my hands out of Rahul's. "It's too late," I whisper. "I don't what you're going to say or what you're going to do, but I want you gone by tomorrow morning."