24.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V.

"Ugh! I can't believe that the old hag gave us a project and it's supposed to be due tomorrow. Does she think we are wizards or something? Like we can wave around a wand and boom, there's the project," Ananya says sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"At least, she said we can work in a group of 5-6 people. Apparently last year, the students were supposed to work on the assignment alone and they all failed," Rudra informs us.

"Okay, can we please focus on the project? We have a lot to do," Naina says.

"Yeah, I need to pass this project or I'm going to fail this year." Ishaan bits his lip, nervously.

"Well maybe if you actually studied and did your work, you wouldn't be failing right now." Naina gives Ishaan a stern look.

"Guys, please stop fighting. Let's focus. I was thinking that we could meet up at one of our houses," Dhurv suggests.

"That's a good idea," I agree.

"We can't do my house. You know my sister is going to bother us." Dhurv rolls his eyes at the mention of his sister.

"Can't do my house either. There's just so much traffic outside. We won't be able to focus," Anandi explains.

"Why don't you guys just come over to my house?" I suggest. "My husband will be coming home late, so we'll have some piece of mind to do work."

"Okay. Does right after college, sound okay with everyone?" Rudra asks. Everyone nods their heads in agreement.

•     •     •     •     •

"That's not how you do it, Ishaan!" Naina yells at him.

"Did you not learn anything in class?" I question, frustrated.

"If I did, I wouldn't be failing would I, now?" Ishaan asks sarcastically.

"Guys, yelling at each other is not helping. We need to work together and finish this!" Dhurv tries to calm all of us down.

Right after college was over, everyone came over to my house and we got started on the project. We were almost finished but we just needed some finishing touches.

My living was a mess. Papers were all over the place and empty plates of food on the ground. I hear the door bell ring. "I'll go get it." I get up from the floor, putting my laptop to the side on the ground. I head for the door and open it.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, this is my home," Rahul answers, sarcastically.

"That's not what I meant. What are you doing here so early?" Rahul has a lot of work in the office, especially since he has been teaching at the college. He comes home very late for the past three weeks since our anniversary.