11.

Rahul's P

Rahul's P.O.V.

Two weeks have passed since my conversation with Priya in her room and I haven't felt like I've made any progress. She was continuously busy with Aishu's wedding that I could hardly spend time with her.

"Priya, can I talk to you?" I ask when it was just us alone in the kitchen.

Everyone else had gone shopping for Aishu's wedding but Priya decided to stay back to look after some of the children. I had stayed back to talk to Priya and confess my feelings for her.

I wanted to make the moment when I confess my feelings for her to be special so I've decided to take her out on a date.

"What is it, Rahul?" Priya questions as she continues to cook and not really paying attention to me.

In order to get her attention, I turned off the stove causing Priya to shoot me a glare.

"Why would you do that?!" Priya exclaims as she tries to turn the stove back on but put my hands around her wrists to stop her. "Everyone is going to be back soon and I need to finish lunch, Rahul. Let me go back to cooking."

"Please," I silently beg. "I just need 5 minutes to talk."

Priya melts at my words and goes to stand in the corner of kitchen, as far away she can get.

She huffs as she pushes her hair back with the back of her hand. She looked so beautiful. Her hair was put in a loose bun but with strands falling into her face. She was wearing a simple saree with the pallu tucked around her waist so it would be more comfortable to work in. Her face was flushed from the heat of the stove. She looked so natural which was what made her even more beautiful.

"Hello?" Priya snaps her fingers in my face.

"Sorry," I blush as I've just been caught checking her out.

"Rahul, I don't have all day," Priya says in annoyance.

"Will you go out on a date with me?" I blurt out.

"What?" Priya questions, shocked. She has her mouth open and doesn't bother to close it.

"Will you go out on a date with me?" I repeat as I push her jaw up so her mouth isn't open anymore.

"Why all of a sudden?" She asks.

"Can't a husband take his wife out on a date?" I retort back.

"Well, it's a good thing that we aren't a normal husband and wife."

I frown at what she has to say. She goes back to cooking and I didn't know what to say. I was so sure that she would accept my proposal to go out on a date. I had everything planned.

"Di!" Aishu greets when she enters the kitchen.

"Aishu, how was the shopping trip?" Priya questions as she stirs the curry she was making.