25.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V.

It was Monday. The last few days went by so slow. Rahul and I weren't on speaking terms after his behavior towards Dhurv on Saturday.

"Dhurv!" I call out to him. He turned around to see me but he turned right back around and started walking away from me.

I gap at him. I'm sure his behavior had to do with Rahul. "Dhurv!" I run after him.

I pant when I catch up to him. "Are you running away from me?"

"No," he quickly denies which makes me believe he is lying.

"Look, I have to apologize for Rahul's behavior on Saturday. He has no right to treat you that way," I apologize on behalf of my husband.

Dhurv sighs. "It's alright, Priya. I understand why he acted that way."

"Still, I'll make sure that he'll also apologize to you," I promise him. "He has some crazy idea that you're into me."

"He's not entirely wrong, Priya."

"What?" I ask in shock.

"I do have feelings for you and I know that it's wrong. You're married and crazy in love with your husband," Dhurv confesses.

"Dhurv..." I look at him guiltily.

"You're so kind and care so much. You're such a good friend to everyone. I couldn't help but fall for you, I guess."

"I only thought of you as a friend, Dhurv. I hope we can still be friends." With that I walk away from him.

I couldn't believe that Dhurv has feelings for me. Rahul was right. And I fought with Rahul because of Dhurv. I missed talking to him this past weekend. I know I have to fix this with him.

•     •     •     •     •

"Ma! Come in." I give her and Anandi a huge smile.

"Hi, beta. Where's Rahul?" Ma asks when she sits down.

"He's at the office. You know how busy he is with work and college," I explain.

"I know. I know. It's been a few weeks and you guys haven't visited." Ma frowns. "Anyway, I just wanted to ask if Anandi can stay with you guys for a few days. You see, we all are going to a few temples for Bhoomi and Anandi has some exams."

Anandi rolls her eyes. "I can take care of myself for a few days, Ma. I'm 23 years old I'm not 13."

"You don't even know how to take care of a fish. How will you take care of yourself?"

"Anandi, stay with us. I'm feeling bored anyway with Rahul always at the office," I say.

"Okay. Only because you asked Bhabhi!" Anandi gives me a hug.