5.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V

I giggle at the way Siddu was cutting the onions for the curry I was making for lunch. He continues to cut the onions as he wipes his tears with the other hand.

Siddu sheepishly smiles as he continues struggling with cutting the onions.

"Here, let me do it," I take the cutting board and knife from him. I don't get affected by the onions because of how often I use them for meals. "You can get started on peeling the potatoes." I point to the pile of potatoes on the table.

Siddu shoots me a grateful smile. "I never knew that cutting vegetables could be this difficult."

"You didn't have to help me, you know," I tell Siddu. "You could've went to the office with Rahul."

"I know I could, but I wanted to spend time with you Bhabhi." I shoot Siddu a smile. "I know Rahul and all he thinks about is work. I can't imagine how lonely it gets around here."

His words touch my heart. Siddu has managed to become one of my closest people in my life in a matter of just days. I know he thinks of me as a sister.

"Thank you." I put my hand on his. "Really."

"No problem." Siddu imitates me tone. "Really."

I roll my eyes at him and slap his arm lightly in annoyance.

Rahul comes into the dining room, huffing. He puts down his bag on one of the chair. "Why didn't you answer the door?" He questions me with a frown on his face.

"I'm sorry I didn't hear the doorbell." I'm taken aback with his question. "The TV was playing and Siddu was keeping me preoccupied."

Siddu shoots me a teasing glare. Rahul's gaze shifts between the two of us as he frowns even more.

I get confused by his reaction and give Rahul a pointed look. Rahul catches my gaze and shakes it off.

"Anyway, I have to attend a business meeting next week with some clients," Rahul informs Siddu and I. "And Dad got me some extra tickets to take you guys."

A vacation with Rahul and Siddu. I didn't mind that. It would mean I would spend more time with Rahul too. My heart starts racing at the thought of that.

"Where are we going, Rahul?" Siddu questions.

Rahul grins at his best friend. "We're going to Goa, baby!" As he puts four tickets down on the table.

I glance at the fourth ticket. Why would there be a fourth one? I didn't want to assume, but I think the extra ticket is for Aisha. They hadn't spent much time together since I've found out about the affair.

"Yes!" Siddu exclaims.

"Goa?" I frown at the mention of the place. I am never a huge fan of beaches. They smell like fish. "Isn't Boomi Bhabhi's baby shower that week? I should be here to help out." Rahul's face falls a bit at the mention of that.