7.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V.

"Hey, guys," Aisha greets Siddu and I. Aisha sits down at the table with us as Rahul follows.

We decided to meet for breakfast before Rahul's conference. After his conference, we were going to relax on the beach.

"Hey, Aisha." I smile at her. I see Siddu roll his eyes at her at the corner of my eyes. I glare at him and elbow him to be more polite.

"Hey," Siddu manages to grumble out.

"So, my conference for today got canceled. I was thinking we could get ready right after breakfast and then head out to the beach," Rahul suggests.

"I'm sorry, Rahul. I was actually going to go souvenir shopping for a little while with Siddu," I tell him with guilt.

"Oh, it's okay," Rahul says with a dull look. His eyes going between Siddu and I. It was like he was trying to analyze us. I look at him in confusion. Why was he so confusing?

• • • • •

"What about this?" I show Siddu a bag. It's really cute and I think Anandi would really like it. "Do you think Anandi would like it?"

"I don't know," Siddu shrugs with a boring expression on his face.

He was no help even though I dragged him along with me.

I roll my eyes at him. "Can't you just help me for once, Siddu?!"

"How am I supposed to know what she would like?" Siddu asks, incredulously.

"You grew up with her!" I point out.

"Fine," Siddu huffs. "Get the bag with the green design. Green is her favorite color."

I throw him a smile and pick out the bag that he suggested. I pay for the bag and we both decide that it's time for us to head back to the hotel to ski.

"So, Siddu how well do you know Aisha?"

"I've hung out with her quite a bit because Rahul and her were in a relationship. Like I said before, she was nice at first but I immediately knew that she wasn't the right person for Rahul. They would always fight over little things. I didn't think they would last as long as this did. I went to the US for my masters and then I get a call from Rahul about what his parents did and how he's getting married to you," Siddu explains.

"You must've hated me, huh? I was stealing your best friend away from you" I question.

"No!" He exclaims, hitting my shoulder with his. "Uncle and Aunty told me all about you and I knew you were the best person for Rahul. He's just too dumb to see it."