20.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V.

"Bye Ma, bye Papa!" Rahul says. He wraps his arm around my waist as I lean into him.

"Don't forget, it's Karva Chauth in a couple of days. We're all gathering at 5 pm. Invite Aishu too," Ma reminds me.

"I won't forget and I'll invite her," I promise her.

We wait till they all get into the elevator before shutting the door.

"Will you tell me what happened in the kitchen earlier?" Rahul questions.

I knew that he wouldn't have let it go. "Nothing happened, Rahul. Just let it go."

"Did Ma say something that upset you?"

"No! Even if she did, I wouldn't take it to heart. I know she wants the best for me." I walk to the bedroom and Rahul follows.

"Then what is it? You were definitely uncomfortable."

I fold my arms together. "Fine, I'll tell you. Ma was asking about children."

"Children?"

"Our children," I tell him. Rahul immediately starts having a coughing fit. I quickly get the water bottle on the side table and give it to him. I hide my smile under my hand. I loved his reaction.

"What do you mean our children?"

"She was asking if we were thinking about having children," I let him know.

"I don't understand why she's asking us this. She's already getting one grandchild. I don't know why she wants another one," Rahul complains.

"It's fine," I reassure him as I place my hand on his shoulder. "Plus, she brings up a good point. We should talk about these things."

"You want children right now?" Rahul questions nervous.

"No!" I exclaim. "Not now at least. I think we should focus on our relationship right now."

"And I agree with that."

•     •     •     •     •

"Priya, are you ready? It's already 6:45 and we have to go pick up Aishu and Arnav," Rahul yells from downstairs.

"Yes, I'm done." I put in the last ornament and start to head downstairs.

Today was Karva Chauth so we were all celebrating at Ma and Papa's place.

"Wow! You look beautiful!" Rahul compliments as he sees me walk down the stairs. (What Priya is wearing is above.)

"Thank you." I blush as he keeps staring at me. I bring my hand up to his face and slap it lightly to get him out of his trance. "Aren't we getting late?"

"Yes of course. Let's go." Rahul gets the car keys and we go off to Aishu's house.

"Didi!" Aishu gives me a hug as soon as she enters the car. I sat in the back so I can talk with Aishu, leaving the front seat open for Arnav.