8.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V.

"I don't know if I could do this anymore," I tell Siddu. "I can't see them together. I thought I can do it but I can't."

"I know that this is hard but you can't leave now, Bhabhi. What would Rahul think about you leaving so abruptly?"

"I wasn't going to do this now. I was going to do this after Aishu's wedding," I say, more to myself.

"Do what?" Siddu asks.

"Give him the divorce papers."

"What? No. You can't," Siddu begs.

"What do you want me to do?" I ask. "He loves her, Siddu. I want him to be happy."

"What about your happiness?"

"I can't force someone to be with me."

"He loves you," Siddu tells me. "Whether he knows it or not, he loves you. I know him, Bhabhi. I see the way he looks at you and I know he loves you."

I shake my head in denial. "He doesn't."

I grab the divorce papers from my suitcase. I head to Rahul's room and knock on his door.

Rahul opens the door with a smile. "Hey!"

"Hi. Can we talk?" I ask, immediately getting to the point. I didn't want to waste anymore time.

Sensing the urgency in my tone, Rahul frowns. "Yeah, of course." He opens the door wider to let me in. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything is fine," I tell him. "I just wanted to tell you that I'm leaving soon."

"What? Why?" Rahul questions in confusion.

"I just got a call from Babuji. Aishu's wedding is in a month. They just set the date yesterday. I need to go and help out."

"Can't you stay just a little longer? My conference is going to end in a few days. We can go to the wedding together," Rahul suggests.

I shake my head negative. "No, I need to go now. There's a lot to do."

Rahul takes my empty hand into his. "I want you to stay, Priya. I like it when you're next to me."

I scoff at his words. "But I can't be next to you forever, can I?"

Rahul frowns at me. "Priya..."

"I don't think it's smart for you to come to the wedding either," I interrupt him. "Why stretch out something longer than it should last?" I hand him the divorce papers.

"What are these?" Rahul asks.

"Divorce papers," I tell him.

"Divorce papers?" Rahul questions, incredulously.