2.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V

"The marriage is going to be in a month," Babuji announces and a pang of nervousness goes through me.

"A month?" I question him. In just a month I would be living with a stranger.

"I know it's a bit early, but Mahesh insisted that they have the wedding at that date," Babuji tells me.

And just like that the month passed by so quickly because of the wedding preparations. I could barely spend any time with Babuji because he was so busy.

Currently, I'm sitting on the bed with all of my bridal wear, waiting for Rahul to come in. It was our first night and it's safe to say that I'm scared about what is going to happen tonight. I'm not sure if I'm ready to take the next step with a guy I barely know.

The sound of the door opening, startles me and I fist my dress in anxiety. I look up at Rahul with wide eyes. He takes off his turban and unbuttons the first few buttons of his sherwani. I fist my dress even harder.

"Uh, do you want to get changed?" Rahul questions as he looks at me with concern.

This dress is heavy and uncomfortable.

I nod in agreement as I get up from bed. I grab my pajamas and head towards the bathroom to get changed, maybe a little to fast. I wanted to leave the awkward tension between us.

When I come out of the bathroom, I'm surprised to see Rahul changed into his own pajamas and sleeping on the bed.

I can finally relax when I know that nothing is going to happen between us tonight.

I head towards the bed and sleep on my side. A small smile emerges on my face when I think about Rahul. He was a nice guy.

Month 1

It's been a month since I've been married. It's been weird living in a different city with a husband.

Rahul and I have gotten into a comfortable routine. He would go to his office every day and I would make him lunch early in the morning. While he was at work, I would do chores around the house. He would come back from work and we would eat dinner together, silently might I add.

He wasn't much of a talker.

I turn off the TV when I hear the door open. It meant that Rahul was home. I get up from the couch to go get Rahul's office bag from him. It was a little habit I picked up.

"How was work?" I ask. I take his office bag from his hands as he takes of his shoes.

"It was fine," he always replies.

That was usually the end of our conversation but this time, Rahul's gaze zeros in on my wrist. He grabs onto my wrist and inspects it. "What happened here?" He looks at me with concern.