28.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V.

Siddu, Rahul, and I were going to go to our parents' house to celebrate Holi tomorrow. Aishu, Arnav, and Babuji went to Arnav's parents' house to celebrate the holiday.

I packed our overnight bags this morning and now I am putting them into the trunk. You would think having two adult men in the house will lessen your work in the house. Instead, I've gotten twice the work to do. Now, they weren't even helping pack our bags into the trunk of the car.

Rahul sneaks up behind me and spins me around to face him. "What are you doing?"

"Give me a kiss." Rahul starts to lean in but I stop him.

"No, I have to put the bags in the trunk and let me remind you that we are out in public. Anyone could see us."

"Look around. No one is here." I look around and he was right. "And as for the bags, we could make Siddu do that stuff when he comes down. But for now, give me a kiss. I haven't kissed you since two days ago."

"Fine." I start to lean in but we head a throat clearing and pull away from each other.

Siddu smirks. "You dogs! Doing it in public."

Rahul scowls at him and I blush. "Well, we would be if you didn't interrupt." Rahul mutter under his breath.

"Let's go or Ma is going to yell at us for being late. You guys put the rest of the bags in the trunk and I'll go turn on the car," I divert the topic.

•     •     •     •     •

"Priya!" Ma drags me inside the house and gives me a huge hug.

"Bhabhi!" Anandi runs over and pulls me into another hug.

"Hello! I'm here also. Once Priya comes, you guys just forget about me," Rahul complains and Ma gives him a hug.

"Well, that's because Bhabhi is amazing and you're not, bro," Siddu comments.

"Siddu?! Your Dad said that you were spending Holi with him," Papa says.

"Uncle, did you actually believe that? You know I spent all of the holidays with you guys."

"Bhoomi Bhabhi!" I exclaim as I give her a hug. I haven't seen in her in so long. She was huge now because she was 8 months pregnant.

"I missed you so much, Priya," she says. "How work going? Are you adjusting well in the position?"

I replaced Bhoomi Bhabhi at the office. She went on maternity leave and won't be back in the office for another year after the baby is born.

"Priya is doing amazing," Rohan Bhai comments. "She's a natural."

Rahul beams at me when he hears all of the praises his Bhai has for me.